I just installed redhat 4.0 linux with the Metro-x and I have some
questions. please email me responses as my news server is very
I thank you in advance for any help you can give :) I'm very much a
linux newbie, so please forgive what are probably fairly ignorant
1) How do I get rid of that virtual screen thing in the upper left
hand corner? How about just setting it so that it doesnt always
cover up everything?
2) How do I change the background color? Can I make a wallpaper for
3) I'd also like to try out fvm95 (just to take a look) how do I get
it to start instead of fvm2? Is it possible to set things up so I
can easily run whichever one I want?
4) How do I save changes that I make (like the setting to bring a
window to the top after 500ms or whatever)
5) I'd like to try to get linux to find my modem (supra express 28.8
PnP -- OS/2 reports it on Com 2 using IRQ 4) and then be able to
connect to my ISP via a PPP connection. what do I need to do in order
to do this?
Thanks again! I really appreciate it :)