Strange X-window offset bug!

Post by Yuan-Chi Ch » Sat, 23 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hello all:

  In our school we install Linux in PC boxes and use it as smart X-terminals.
One particular bug that persist is that when we run X-Window (XFree 3.x),
the screen is offseted to the left by several pixels, so that part of the
left-most screen appear on the right side of the monitor; this is not
unpleasant to look at, but when we use mouse to select objects, we have
to point a little-bit to the left of the object in order to click on any
object.  This results in a very unhappy user interface.

  I have heard that this is possibly a XFree bug.. If so, are there any
fixes for this?  If what's wrong is something other then XFree, has anyone
experienced this problem, and what would be some possible approaches toward
a satisfactory fix?

Bill

  p.s. Our machine is a pentium 120Mhz, ViewSonic17PS monitor.

| A process cannot be understood by stopping it.  Understanding must move |
| with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.            |

1. Strange X-window offset bug!

[...]

2. Can Sun freely change the command output format?

3. First character in a string -- SUMMARY

4. XploRe

5. X-window software for Windows/Windows 95

6. slow network

7. X-window slower then MS-Windows

8. X-Window security: How to disallow window manipulation (closing, resizing, moving)

9. How to install X-window on Microsoft Windows?

10. Gurus: why x-window is slower than MS windows?

11. X-Window client for MS Windows