Gnome Panel sub-menu Popup time in main menu

Gnome Panel sub-menu Popup time in main menu

Post by Martin Lepa » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 22:33:00

I have just installed Mandrake 8.0 with Gnome and I have a question
about the main menu in the gnome panel. When I pass the mouse over a
sub-menu, this sub-menu appears immediatly. This is annoying when I
want to access the top sub-menu item since I have to see all the
others appearing and dissappearing quite rapidly. Is there any way to
slow down the "time to appeareance" of the menu lists? Or can I simply
set it so that I have to click on a sub-menu to see its content? I
have read the gnome-panel help files, and I have tried to configure it
via the gnome control panel without success.

The gnome panel version is 1.4.0.2

Thanks!

Gnome Panel sub-menu Popup time in main menu

Post by Daniel Clement » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 00:31:08

I am not sure that if this is that you want:

You can specify to your panel, that it must appear after a seconds, or
order it, to stay behind your app. To specify it, click with right
botton in your panel, chosse panel and then choose global properties.
Also in this last level, you can see some of the options.

Sorry but I'm spanish, I use Gnome in Spanish (so something cam be
different) and I use RedHat 7.0 and Ximian Gnome 1.4.

>I have just installed Mandrake 8.0 with Gnome and I have a question
>about the main menu in the gnome panel. When I pass the mouse over a
>sub-menu, this sub-menu appears immediatly. This is annoying when I
>want to access the top sub-menu item since I have to see all the
>others appearing and dissappearing quite rapidly. Is there any way to
>slow down the "time to appeareance" of the menu lists? Or can I simply
>set it so that I have to click on a sub-menu to see its content? I
>have read the gnome-panel help files, and I have tried to configure it
>via the gnome control panel without success.

>The gnome panel version is 1.4.0.2

>Thanks!

Gnome Panel sub-menu Popup time in main menu

Post by Martin Lepa » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 21:39:26

Hi!

That was not what I wanted to change actually. My problem is with the
Gnome Main menu (the gnome foot on the task bar). When I click on it,
a popup appears with my menu items in it (multimedia, applications,
etc.) So when I move the mouse over multimedia, for example, another
popup immediatly appears with the multimedia sub-menu items in it. I
wish it would wait for half a second before it appeared or that it
would wait for a mouse click to appear. So far, I have seen no way to
do that :(

> I am not sure that if this is that you want:

> You can specify to your panel, that it must appear after a seconds, or
> order it, to stay behind your app. To specify it, click with right
> botton in your panel, chosse panel and then choose global properties.
> Also in this last level, you can see some of the options.

> Sorry but I'm spanish, I use Gnome in Spanish (so something cam be
> different) and I use RedHat 7.0 and Ximian Gnome 1.4.

> >I have just installed Mandrake 8.0 with Gnome and I have a question
> >about the main menu in the gnome panel. When I pass the mouse over a
> >sub-menu, this sub-menu appears immediatly. This is annoying when I
> >want to access the top sub-menu item since I have to see all the
> >others appearing and dissappearing quite rapidly. Is there any way to
> >slow down the "time to appeareance" of the menu lists? Or can I simply
> >set it so that I have to click on a sub-menu to see its content? I
> >have read the gnome-panel help files, and I have tried to configure it
> >via the gnome control panel without success.

> >The gnome panel version is 1.4.0.2

> >Thanks!

1. put User Menu in a mouse pop-up menu in Gnome/Enlightenment?

Hello,

I am a relatively new Linux user (RedHat 6.2) and am trying to
customize Gnome/Enlightenment.  I have put applications want in the
User Menu (~/.gnome/apps), but I would like that menu to pop up within
the menu that comes up with a middle or right mouse button click.  I
cannot figure out how to do it.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Brian Flaherty

--
      /"\
      \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN

2. How to config lx99p10 for TCP

3. no gnome main menu with gnome and tcsh at suse 7.2

4. DHCP/TCPIP on RS/6000

5. Why are there items in main menu that cant be removed in menu editor?

6. licq problem

7. Enlightenment menus vs. GNOME menus

8. EPSON Stylus COLOR 850, does uniprint support it?

9. Gnome/enlightement desktop popup menus

10. no gnome main menu with tcsh

11. Main menu bar in GNOME disappear!

12. gnome main menu gone?

13. Gnome desktop - missing main menu, everything......help