Netscape:From Windows to Linux

Post by Roman » Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi!
I would migrate once for all from Microsoft Windows to Linux.
Can I in any way convert my Netscape files (inbox,sent ,bookmarks and
address book ) to use them on Netscape 4.6 Linux version ?

Netscape:From Windows to Linux

Post by Tobb » Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Romano skrev:

Quote:> Hi!
> I would migrate once for all from Microsoft Windows to Linux.
> Can I in any way convert my Netscape files (inbox,sent ,bookmarks and
> address book ) to use them on Netscape 4.6 Linux version ?

No need to convert.

/Tobbe
http://home.swipnet.se/~w-46021/

Post by Chem-R-U » Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> Hi!
> I would migrate once for all from Microsoft Windows to Linux.
> Can I in any way convert my Netscape files (inbox,sent ,bookmarks and
> address book ) to use them on Netscape 4.6 Linux version ?

Simply use the mtools package. Save the files from the winders box to
floppy, then `mcopy' them into the linux box. `man mtools' to learn
about using DOS tools.

--

Chem-R-Us

Post by Leandro Gela » Mon, 17 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>> Hi!
>> I would migrate once for all from Microsoft Windows to Linux.
>> Can I in any way convert my Netscape files (inbox,sent ,bookmarks and
>> address book ) to use them on Netscape 4.6 Linux version ?

> Simply use the mtools package. Save the files from the winders box to
> floppy, then `mcopy' them into the linux box. `man mtools' to learn
> about using DOS tools.

or mount windows partion, then copy those files in /home/<username>/.netscape

LG
Leandro Gelasi
V year Computer Science Engineering student at Siena University

Gilles Villeneuve will live forever

1. Window Managers for Linux. Also Netscape for Linux?

Linux X'perts,

        The only Window manager I have on my Linux box is twm. I was wondering
where I could find some more window managers for XFree 3.2.1 and
Linux 1.2.11.

        Also is there Netscape for Linux? If not, is there any other
Web Browser for Linux that would support Html 3.0?

        Any and all help on this matter appreciated.

Thanx,

Raj.

2. disklabel: partition c: partition extends past end of unit

3. Make Netscape window titles start with "Netscape"

4. IPFW DNS Question

5. Netscape (Windows 1.22 Windows; I; 16bit) or Apache (1.0.3) Bug???

6. Strange DNS problem on a laptop

7. Netscape fuer Linux/Windows

8. Kcontrol modules

9. Sharing one netscape bookmark file between Linux and Windows

10. Windows Netscape & Linux POP3

11. Netscape runs slower in linux than in windows

12. Netscape in Windows/Linux

13. Netscape′s mailboxes from Linux and Windows