Xlogout and xdm? problem compiling xlogout.

Xlogout and xdm? problem compiling xlogout.

Post by cullen j o'nei » Sat, 05 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I want to use xlogout along with xdm to setup a system like
CAEN has here at engin.umich.edu. xlogout logs you out and you
go directly to a xdm login prompt.  On my Linux box, when I
exit xdm it drops back to a black screen with weird white
patterns at the top.  This seems inelegant<sp?> to me.

xlogout however will not compile.  It is a version for X11R5
and wants to use a widgit (or set of wigits prob.) from the
Athena set (I assume from the name) called XawClientsLibs.  Is
this available for Linux?

Or is there some other way I can get rid of the screen messing up?

Thank you for any help.

Cullen J O'Neill
--

Xlogout and xdm? problem compiling xlogout.

Post by David Simmo » Tue, 08 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>xlogout however will not compile.  It is a version for X11R5
>and wants to use a widgit (or set of wigits prob.) from the
>Athena set (I assume from the name) called XawClientsLibs.  Is
>this available for Linux?

This sounds like an imake problem.  My guess is that replacing
XawClientsLibs in the Imakefile with something along the lines
of "-L/usr/X11/lib -lXaw" it might compile.  (after doing an
xmkmf, of course.)

David

--

Mississippi State University Electrical and Computer Engineering
Visit my home page!  http://www.ee.msstate.edu/~simmons

1. Xlogout

Hello,

Where can I find the source code or a Linux-compiled version of
xlogout

Thanks in advance

please also email me.

     jesper honig spring                    department of computer science

2. Very simple question

3. Xlogout bin for Linux

4. new cm206 cdrom driver available

5. getting xlogout to work!!!

6. Netfinity ServeRAID SCSI Controller

7. Matrox Mystique ands X.

8. iptables/port forwarding

9. Problems compiling XDM

10. xdm startup question.../xdm pan problem

11. problems customizing xdm with /etc/X11/xdm/Xresources

12. xdm problem: rlogin doesn't work under xdm

13. How to compile xdm?