??*%#$! XKB Problem - Help

Post by Ross MacGillivra » Sun, 30 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I'm getting the following message when I start my X server (Mach64).
After
doing some searches on the Web, it apparantly has something to do with
the
keyboard section of the XF86Config file.

Somebody HELP -  PPPPLEASE!!!

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/xkbcomp: can't resolve symbol 'XkbLibraryVersion'

Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap
xterm: can't resolve symbol 'XkbLookupKeySym'
xterm: can't resolve symbol 'XkbLookupKeySym'

Ross MacGillivray

1. Need XKB documentation + French,Russian XKB table

Hi all,
I currently using a 105 keys MF 2 keyboard.
Three keys (the microsoft WIN95 ones) are currently unused.
I would like to use them for switching between German, French and Russian
keyboard layout.

In order to implement such functionality I would like to write a new Layout
using the XKB protocol. Unfortunately I haven't found any documentation
telling how to write XKB tables yet.

In order to ensure the proper keyboard layout I need sample XKB or Xmodmap
files for Russian and French keyboards.

I can read German, English and French (_not_ Russian yet). Please respond
using  one of these languages.

Thanks for your help

Florian
--

ADDRESS: Florian Rupp                PHONE: ++49-241-890253

         D-52074 Aachen

2. VMWare problem

3. XFree86 3.2 can't open XKB (RH 4.0)---HELP!

4. Help with SuSE 6.3 IP Masquerading

5. Please Help! Can't load XKB Keymap!

6. 2.6 x86 will not allow patches to install

7. Xkb Related help

8. Problems w/ Xconfigurator (RH7) startx failure on startup

9. XKB Help Required

10. Couldn't load XKB keymap??? Please help--

11. Please Help! Can't load XKB Keymap!

12. help! startx XKB keymap load?

13. Help on using XKB extension?