X copy/paste issue

Post by Paul M. Sander » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 03:07:41

Hello all,

I've recently switched from using an older SGI workstation for my main
work box to a Linux box running RedHat 7.1.

I use the X "copy-and-paste" feature all the time to copy text from
window to window. In my world, the "underscore" ('_') is very prominent,
it's used every where in C source code it seems.

When double clicking text, my SGI box would include the underscore
character as part of the word, so for example, double clicking
"nfs_get_cache_page" would highlight the entire string, but now with
Linux, I only get up to the next "_", forcing me to click the mouse over
the first character and drag to the end, which becomes a hassle if I
need to do it repeatedly, which I often do.

Pardon if this is a stupid question, but I've not messed with
configuring X for many years. Is there a way to configure X so the
doubleclick acepts '_' as part of the word?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

X copy/paste issue

Post by Robert_ » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 05:38:27

> Pardon if this is a stupid question, but I've not messed with
> configuring X for many years. Is there a way to configure X so the
> doubleclick acepts '_' as part of the word?

Hmm, works for me in the first 5 applications (including konsole) I tried.
(are you sure this is up to X and not the window manager or application?)

What applications don't do this for you?  What window manager, desktop
enviornment are you using?

all the best,
Robert_L
--
Linux Mandrake release 8.0 (Traktopel) for i586
Kernel 2.4.12   XFree86 4.1.0

1. X double-click copy/paste issue

[...]

2. Wirzenius on Advocating Linux

3. KDE2 Copy + Paste Issues!!!

4. Help: OpenLinux can not recoganize my PS/2 Mouse

5. Problem with RXVT's copy & paste function

6. LinuxPPC 1999 - package installer fails 'cannot open file ...'

7. Copy from Konsole (Paste into Jedit) help

8. Sunsite mirrors/W32/24bits

9. ps2 mouse, how to copy and paste in X

10. Cutting/Copying and Pasting

11. copy & paste with keyboard

12. Copy and Paste in X shell

13. Zdnet's Homepage, Cut, Copy & Paste