Good VLB Video card Recommendation

Post by Paul Abr » Fri, 29 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi,
        I'm looking to get a new video card,a low cost
replacement for my current cheap Trident. I'm looking
at #9 330/531, an ATI Xpression or even a Diamond Stealth.
I was wondering what people's thoughts/experiences with
these card (or any other cool one) were. I'm looking at
the 2Meg versions.

Thanks,
        Paul

1. ISA/VLB video card recommendations?

Hi,

I'm looking to upgade my video card from a Compaq CPQ1024i to something
that will run X and Win95 rather better than this ancient thing can.

My motherboard is of no-name far-east manufacture, and (rather worryingly)
says in its manual that "VLB is a very new specification, and not all VLB
cards will work" - oops! But - I'm prepared to give a VLB card a bash as
long as I can get it on a "works or return" basis.

So - if anyone could recommend a decent ISA or VLB card that's fairly easily
obtainable in the UK, that runs X at a decent speed and high resolution, I
would be a happy man.

Please reply via e-mail, I'll summarise here if there's enough interest.

cheers, Si

2. about rc.* & rc*.d files/dirs

3. A good video card, VLB, and other Linux purchases...

4. *Q: Create Boot Floppy for v2.5 x86?

5. How good/bad is a cirrus logic 5424 VLB 1MB video card?

6. CD Burners

7. Recommendation sought: good AGP video card

8. Books HOW TO LEARN UNIX

9. good video card recommendations

10. Q: Recommendations for good X video card?

11. recommendations for good video cards

12. Paradise VLB WD90C31 card: What is the video card?

13. Good video (3D & video input) card for Linux