P9000 server question (VIPER VLB)

Post by Bernie Borenste » Fri, 04 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I have posted a couple of notes about trying to use multiple
resolutions in my XF86Config with the VIPER VLB card and
getting the error :

(--) P9000: The dimensions of 640x480 do not match those of the
first valid mode.
(--) P9000: Removing 640x480 from list of valid modes.

I sent the problem to Erik Nygren, the author of the P9000 server
and this is his response :

The P9000 server can only deal with one resolution (ie either 640x480
or 1024x768 but not both) at a time.  The Modes line :
  Modes "1024x768" "640x480"
is looked at and all modes with a different resolution
(screen dimensions) than the first valid one are removed.
The line:
    Virtual  1024  768
is ignored because the P9000 server can't deal with
hardware virtual screens.  This is a limitation of the
P9000 hardware.

        --- Erik

Hope this information is of use to the Linux user community.

                                 Bernie Borenstein

1. Weitek P9000 - Diamond Viper VLB

Has anyone heard anything about the compatibility  of the Diamond Viper
graphics card with XFree package that Linux uses?  It seems that many
computer companies are now shipping this card with their machines.  So
I would appreciate any information in regard to this card.

JAN

2. mandatory patches?

3. Diamond Viper P9000 VLB & SVGALib

4. Good IMAP server for Solaris?

5. Where can I find Diamond VIPER P9000 VLB Linux X drivers ?

6. Multiple core files?

7. Diamond Viper VLB - P9000/XFree86-3.1 Working

8. International Solaris

9. Diamond Viper VLB P9000 Xconfig ??

10. Diamond Viper VLB (P9000)

11. Is somebody experienced with Linux & Diamond VIPER P9000 VLB ?

12. Diamond Viper VLB (P9000)

13. P9000 Viper Server problems