Printing with StarOffice

Post by Michael Dingle » Thu, 15 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Simple Question (at least I hope so):

How do I print int StarWriter using my HP Deskjet Plus compatible
printer?
The Printer Dialog only offers some HP LaserJets and NULL (what the heck
is this?).

So?

Printing with StarOffice

Post by Thomas Stiel » Fri, 16 Aug 1996 04:00:00

: Simple Question (at least I hope so):

: How do I print int StarWriter using my HP Deskjet Plus compatible
: printer?
: The Printer Dialog only offers some HP LaserJets and NULL (what the heck
: is this?).

I don't know about the NULL-thing, you can print with you Deskjet,
if you install a printfilter for postscript->deskjet conversion.
This is good, because many other programs do postscript output,
too.
Try apsfilter, this is a nice filter, it looks for the file-format,
and converts it to the format, that your printer needs.

To be able to print, you have to do the following things, too.
chmod -R go+r /opt/StarOffice/Xp3
ln -s ../ /tmp/Xp_
ln -s ../ /tmp/XpSp_

I have read, that you have to create dirs /tmp/Xp_/tmp and
/tmp/XpSp_/tmp despite of creating the link, but this don't work
for printing as normal users for me!

: So?
So what?

Thomas

Kurze Str. 15 / Zimmer 12 -- 37073 Goettingen    -- 0551  / 485603
   Grillparzerweg 23      -- 34346 Hann. Muenden -- 05541 / 5906