Xfree86 4.2.0 Configuration on Toshiba Satellite 1800-814 - Cyberblade XP

Xfree86 4.2.0 Configuration on Toshiba Satellite 1800-814 - Cyberblade XP

Post by Vivek Viswanatha » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 05:46:51

Hi

I have a toshiba satelltite 1800-814 , I installed Red Hat Linux 7.1, this
machine comes with Trident * blade XP display card. I was having a tough
time configuring it with Xfree 86 4.1.0, so I
 downloaded the the latest version of Xfree 86 i.e. 4.2.0 .....after
installing and configuring it all that I get it a frame buffer display
...which does not look that good, as GNOME or KDE ...any pointers

vivek

Xfree86 4.2.0 Configuration on Toshiba Satellite 1800-814 - Cyberblade XP

Post by Vlatko Cingosk » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 04:15:57

Hi to all,

I have a strage problem using Linux (SUSE 7.0) on my LCD monitor using
Intel(R) i815 chipset.
After I compile and install agpgart.o I am still not able to go into better
resolutions than 640x480!

No other resolution is accepted although I can go from 8, 16 up to 24 bpp.

I am using XFree86[tm] version 3.3.6 so maybe that is the problem? Should I
upgrate to
XFree86[tm] version 4.2.0 because at http://www.xfree86.org/current/ I read
that this
version accepts i810 compatible chipsets with resolutions up to 1600x1200!
Do I have to reinstall XFree86, and if I have to where can I find the rpm or
some
precompiled versions (to avoid personal compilations), or  finall sources :(

Anbody having experiance with this with some idea how to resolve the
problem?

Regards,

Vlatko

1. Toshiba 1800-814 + RH7.2 (X)

Hi,
I installed RH7.2 on notebook in subject but X doesn't work. The video
driver is Trident Cyber Aladdin-T (nappa2-T) also knew like TRIDENT
CYBERBLADE XP Ai1 (on widows). Have someone installed correctly X on this
notebook ???

I found some instructions here looking for my notebook:
http://newsletter.toshiba-tro.de/main/

"Correct file for your machine, language, resolution.
Copy this file to the /etc directory.
X-server SVGA must be previously installed for this to work properly and a
link from startx to svga should be there.
Attachment includes config files for 800x600 and 1024x768 (UK,Ge,USA,Fr)."

I have downloaded this file and copy itself in /etc

but what does it mean  "X-server SVGA must be previously installed for this
to work properly and a link from startx to svga should be there." ?????
I tried also to make XF86Config by this file reding HOW TO... without
success...

HELP ME PREASEEEEE !!!
!!! : |

Thanks a lot !!!

2. sendmail not accepting connections

3. XFree86 on Toshiba Satellite Pro (Trident CyberBlade XP)

4. Corel Linux does not recognise eth0

5. Toshiba Satellite 1800 100s

6. Printer wont print full page

7. Problems installing X in a toshiba satellite 1800-100

8. ADVICE SOUGHT: Boot problems after swapping HDD.

9. OpenBSD 3.0, XFree86 and Toshiba 1800-400 problems

10. Toshiba Satellite Pro 490xCDT XFree86 configuration?

11. No errpt via smit (1800-109, 1800-107)

12. Problems installing Linux on a Tyan Tiger Dual Ahtlon XP 1800+