how do i find out what version of X i am running

how do i find out what version of X i am running

Post by Igor Helma » Tue, 09 Dec 1997 04:00:00

i recently installed X (along with slackware 2.0.30) and was wondering if
there is some command to find out what version of X i am running. THis would
be a lot of help, because i found that i was missing some libraries, so if
the version is rather old, then i can just reinstall a newer one
Much thanx
igor

--
"The handle's Flanders but my friends call me Ned"
  'Hi, Flanders'

Post by Harald Meye » Wed, 10 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> i recently installed X (along with slackware 2.0.30) and was wondering if
> there is some command to find out what version of X i am running. THis would

X -showconfig

Harald

how do i find out what version of X i am running

Post by Ivo Naninc » Wed, 10 Dec 1997 04:00:00

--------------DE268C6002BAC57F9273BEF0

Hi,

> > i recently installed X (along with slackware 2.0.30) and was wondering if
> > there is some command to find out what version of X i am running. THis would

> X -showconfig

It says that I'm running kernel 2.0.30, while it's actually 2.0.32,
which
is reported correctly by 'uname -a'.
???

Quote:> Harald

--
Best regards, and don't let the bits byte!

Ivo Naninck.
--------------DE268C6002BAC57F9273BEF0

begin:          vcard
fn:             Ivo Naninck
n:              Naninck;Ivo
org:            Koning en Hartman

title:          Support Engineer
note:           Don't let the bits byte!
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------DE268C6002BAC57F9273BEF0--

1. (Q) How do I find what version of KDE I am running?

As a matter of interest, how does one tell what version of KDE one is running
(under RedHat-6.2)?
I tried "rpm -qa | fgrep -i kde" but it didn't help greatly.

Also, are there RPMs for KDE-2 under RedHat-6.2
which will work without difficulty?
(I've been put off by the stream of queries in this newsgroup.)

--
Timothy Murphy

tel: 086-233 6090

2. Sound to earphones

3. how do I find out which version of X i am running?

4. comp.unix.aix Queries Made but No Reply

5. How can I find out what version of Apache I am currently running?

6. gpm, RedHat 5.1 and Multia

7. How to find the version of make I am running on HP

8. Anyone having trouble installing Linux on a drive using EZ Drive should read this post.

9. what version of X am I running?

10. what version of dga am I running?

11. What version of Perl am I running?

12. Need to find which version I am using for XFree86.

13. What version of Solaris am I running?