Xterm Problems w/ kernel 1.3.8

Post by yuliu » Wed, 12 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I am having technical difficulties with my xterm.  It seems to keep the
highlight control codes so when I run less, everything is highlighted.
I know this is a very poor description, but I don't know what's going on.

I just recently patched up to ver 1.3.8 and this problem didn't happen before.
Can someone fill me in on what's happening?

yulius

Xterm Problems w/ kernel 1.3.8

Post by yuliu » Wed, 12 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I am having technical difficulties with my xterm.  It seems to keep the
highlight control codes so when I run less, everything is highlighted.
I know this is a very poor description, but I don't know what's going on.

I just recently patched up to ver 1.3.8 and this problem didn't happen before.
Can someone fill me in on what's happening?

yulius

1. pasting from xterm to Netscape kills xterm

If I have text in an xterm, that I want to paste into Netscape, I
highlight it, and use the middle mouse button to paste.  This used to
work just fine.  Then we recently swapped around some hardware,
including my RS/6000 (a 43P-140 if that helps).  Now, the text does not
get pasted, and the xterm dies.

This happens in Netscape 4.05 and 4.5; I don't have other versions
easily available.  Window manager is mwm.  AIX oslevel is 4.2.1.0.

Clues?  (Upgrading the OS is not an option.)  Other info needed?

Thanks!

--
Dave Aronson, Sysop, AirNSun (f120.n109.z1.fidonet.org) +1-703-319-0714
Opinions MINE, not by GeoCities/Template/Mensa/NRA/SCA/CAUCE/USGov/God!

2. How do you tune SEMMNU

3. How do I autoset "TERM=xterm" for xterms?

4. printer info

5. xterm, run a process, keep xterm open

6. install over PLIP??

7. xterm: how to open a new xterm and run telnet

8. changing system name (uname -S not valid)

9. xterm, visualbell off, slooowwww xterm flash

10. xterm &, run a setup script, xterm won't stay on

11. Linux/NCD Xterms and Xterm serial port

12. Xterm BugFix: XTerm doesn't "eightBitInput" unter NetBSD

13. How Cron job open Xterm window and display outputs to this xterm?