How do I figure out which version of KDE I am using?

Post by Laurie & Stuar » Mon, 24 Aug 1998 04:00:00

How do I figure out which version of KDE I am using?

How do I figure out which version of KDE I am using?

Post by tafer.. » Tue, 25 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> How do I figure out which version of KDE I am using?

Not that easily.
See Kde as a set of programs that work together.

Usually people are talking of "The Kde", but most of the time they
mean specific programs.

For the various programs you can usually open Help->About to
see the version number.

Most apps there probably show some version number of 1.0 or greater
if you have Kde 1.0

--Stefan

Post by Laurie & Stuar » Fri, 28 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> > How do I figure out which version of KDE I am using?

> Not that easily.
> See Kde as a set of programs that work together.

> Usually people are talking of "The Kde", but most of the time they
> mean specific programs.

> For the various programs you can usually open Help->About to
> see the version number.

> Most apps there probably show some version number of 1.0 or greater
> if you have Kde 1.0

> --Stefan

  Thanks.  I guess that explains the word "Environment" in KDE.

Stuart

Post by gbp » Sat, 29 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> How do I figure out which version of KDE I am using?

  I really don't know :)  try the KDE website www.kde.org the have a
place called the CVS central depository or something.  Look for the base
system.  If you don't have all the programs included in the current base
distributions.  Like all the card games.  You might have older than 1.0

  I have 1.0 this is whats in my games menu:
  abalone
  asterriods
  Mahjongn
  Misesweeper
  Patience
  Poker
  Reversi
  SameGame
  Shisen-sho
  SnakeRace
  Tetris

  This is a crude way of finding out but its better than nothing!  I had
Beta 3 before and it didnt have nearly as much stuff.  If you think you
have beta get the newer 1.0 release.

  --gbp--

1. (Q) How do I find what version of KDE I am running?

As a matter of interest, how does one tell what version of KDE one is running
(under RedHat-6.2)?
I tried "rpm -qa | fgrep -i kde" but it didn't help greatly.

Also, are there RPMs for KDE-2 under RedHat-6.2
which will work without difficulty?
(I've been put off by the stream of queries in this newsgroup.)

--
Timothy Murphy

tel: 086-233 6090

2. SCOv5 and S1662 problems

3. What KDE version am I running?

4. Banner printing and lprng/ifhp

5. KDE and kICQ, what am I doing wrong here....

6. vt100 emulation help

7. A Query...now that I am using KDE...

8. Really stupid question regarding Netscape

9. Samba : Which version am I using???

10. Help: What Version am I Using?

11. what version of openwin am i using

12. Need to find which version I am using for XFree86.

13. What libc version am I using?