How to print two pix side by side

Post by Vaughan R. Pra » Mon, 16 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I would like to print two (or four) images on my HP Photosmart.  I
thought I could just use xv to put each of them up on the screen in a
separate window, use xwd to capture the root window and hence both of
the xv windows, and print the result (ftp'd from Linux to Win95, there
is unfortunately no Linux driver for the Photosmart---I wish).  But my
screen is 16 bit and xwd seems to want 8 bits, so that doesn't work.

I was eventually able to do it by screwing around with xpaint for ages
but it was really tricky and time consuming.

Is there some simple solution?

Vaughan Pratt

Post by Friedhelm Mehner » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

: I would like to print two (or four) images on my HP Photosmart.  I
: thought I could just use xv to put each of them up on the screen in a
: separate window, use xwd to capture the root window and hence both of
: the xv windows, and print the result (ftp'd from Linux to Win95, there
: is unfortunately no Linux driver for the Photosmart---I wish).  But my
: screen is 16 bit and xwd seems to want 8 bits, so that doesn't work.

: I was eventually able to do it by screwing around with xpaint for ages
: but it was really tricky and time consuming.

: Is there some simple solution?

I think ImageMagick can do what you are looking for.

Regards,
Friedhelm

--
Microsoft is NOT the answer. Microsoft is the Question.
The answer is: "NO!"