Sawfish Window Manager - not raising windows when focussed

Sawfish Window Manager - not raising windows when focussed

Post by Krishnan Sridha » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 00:58:52

I am using sawfish window manager on linux (Redhat 7.0 on
i686 platform) and would like to configure the window
manager so that a focussed window does NOT raise
automatically. I have tried doing this through
Customize->Focus Menu and deselecting
"Raise windows when they are focussed".
But it doesn't seem to do the job.

TIA!

--

Regards,

- Krishnan Sridhar
  Phone: (214) 480-3372

Post by Raymond Johansso » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:45:23

> I am using sawfish window manager on linux (Redhat 7.0 on
> i686 platform) and would like to configure the window
> manager so that a focussed window does NOT raise
> automatically. I have tried doing this through
> Customize->Focus Menu and deselecting
> "Raise windows when they are focussed".
> But it doesn't seem to do the job.

If the window is raised when You click in the window,
then You have to change Bindings in sawfish.

-- rj

1. specify window position in Sawfish window manager failed

xterm -g 80x24+0+0

For the first time, it works.  Move the window and close it.

Try again.  It fails.

It works in KDE environment, so I think it's a bug in sawfish
window manager. I also tried to turn off the remembering window
position option in Gnome control center.  It doesn't help.

Does gnome 2.0 have this bug ?

Edward

2. 1.3.42: stuck in 80x50 mode

3. window manager focus and window stack

4. Solaris BSM and SUNWpicl/SUNWlom

5. How do you control the focus in a Window Manager to do Click To Focus?

6. PCI hotplug changes for 2.5.34

7. Sawfish Window Manager Capplet not working

8. interest in Ultimedia/ATM cards ? (MCA)

9. Sawfish: How do you prevent windows from raising when you click?

10. Sawfish mouse click to raise windows

11. FVWM95: Grab focus WITHOUT raising window?

12. how do you open other window managers in a window manager

13. X windows not loading up any windows managers