XFree86 3.3 for CLGD-7543 text mode restoration problem

XFree86 3.3 for CLGD-7543 text mode restoration problem

Post by SetUpNam » Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:00:00

When I exit the X server by Ctl-Alt-Bksp or from the root menu, my screen
goes black, but the machine doesn't crash. I have to reboot to see text
again. I had this problem with Xfree 3.2 several months ago. Any
suggestions?

Post by Daniel Parnel » Sat, 15 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> When I exit the X server by Ctl-Alt-Bksp or from the root menu, my
> screen
> goes black, but the machine doesn't crash. I have to reboot to see
> text
> again. I had this problem with Xfree 3.2 several months ago. Any
> suggestions?

  Well, I can't get X to work at 800x600 on my laptop (TI Extensa
570DC).
I'm stuck with 640x480 :(
Although it does restore the text when I exit.

How did you get X to run on your CL-7543?  I can put up with it not
restoring
the text mode if I can get a higher resolution graphics display

Daniel

--
Daniel Parnell
Quest Software   http://www.comsense.com/comsense

1. Xfree86 client for Clgd-7543 PCI

HELP!!!!

I just bought a new Prostar 5200 multimedia notebook which has a Cirrus
Logic 7543 PCI Video Chipset with 2 meg of video ram. The only way I can get
it to work in X-windows is to define it as a generic vga card. This only
gets me 16 colors, and only 640x480 resolution. Even when I connect a monitor
to it, I cannot get it over 640x480 in 16 colors. Are there any plans to
include this chipset in the XF_SVGA client in the future? I am currently
running the latest version of X-windows and Slackware '96 (3.1.0). I thought
when I got it, that it would have a driver, since I had been currnently
running on 1.2.1. But, no such luck. Also this is an Active Matrix screen,
not a DSTN. I don't know if that makes a difference, but I thought I'd
mention it anyway. If anyone has any ideas please email me.

Thanks,
Joe Wyatt

2. Another Question

3. Installation boot diskette RH 6.1

4. Help for CLGD-7543 on compaq LTE5280 Portable

5. OSPF with Quagga on Linux

6. ?? sense 5900,CLGD-7543-??!

7. RH8 internal email broken

8. CLGD-7543 probleme !!!!!

9. cirrus logic CLGD-7543,800x600 ,16bpp?

10. TI Extensa; clgd-7543, DSTN

11. XFree on Compaq LTE 5300 w clgd 7543

12. !!!! Xfree with CLGD 7543