#9FX Motion 531 Graphics Card

Post by Peter R. Thorsen J » Thu, 07 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Howdy,

I am going to install Linux on my pc at home and from all of the things
that I have read thus far everything keeps telling me to make sure that
my video card is supported if I want to run Xfree86.

Well, that is precisely what i want to know.  Is it?  I have also read
that there is an "S3 Xserver".  Does this support the #9FX Motion 531
card and where can I get it, along with the config file for my card?

Any and all help greatly appreciated, please e-mail at address below.

Thanks,

Pete

--

http://www.veryComputer.com/.*ia.EDU/~prt7u  - Phone:  (804) 982-4690
*** (Shooters with Computers - Local 115) *** (I don't do Windows(tm)) ***

#9FX Motion 531 Graphics Card

Post by p.. » Sun, 10 Dec 1995 04:00:00

]Howdy,
]
]I am going to install Linux on my pc at home and from all of the things
]that I have read thus far everything keeps telling me to make sure that
]my video card is supported if I want to run Xfree86.
]
]Well, that is precisely what i want to know.  Is it?  I have also read
]that there is an "S3 Xserver".  Does this support the #9FX Motion 531
]card and where can I get it, along with the config file for my card?
]
]Any and all help greatly appreciated, please e-mail at address below.
]
]Thanks,
]
]Pete
]
]--

]http://www.veryComputer.com/.*ia.EDU/~prt7u  - Phone:  (804) 982-4690
]*** (Shooters with Computers - Local 115) *** (I don't do Windows(tm)) ***

Linux supports it in its video database in "slakeware 3.0"; just select it
when doing "xf86config".

1. #9FX Motion 531 Graphics Card

Howdy,

I am gonna bite the bullet and install Linux on my pc at home.  All of
the things I have read so far have warned me about using Xfree86 and
making sure that my video card is supported.  Well, that is what I am
wondering.  Is the above card, using the "S3 868" chipset supported by
Xfree86?

Please bear with me and my "newuser" questions.  I just want to make
damn sure that what I have will work with Linux.

Any and all help GREATLY appreciated.

Please send e-mail (listed below)

Thanks in advance,

Pete

--

http://circe.itc.Virginia.EDU/~prt7u  - Phone:  (804) 982-4690
*** (Shooters with Computers - Local 115) *** (I don't do Windows(tm)) ***

2. linux web surfer??

3. Question: #9FX Motion 531 VLB

4. make and NFS

5. #9FX Motion 531 VLB and XFree86

6. networking between linux and win95

7. X Windows and #9 Motion 531 video card

8. modprobe errors trying to install soundcard

9. #9FX Motions Graphics Accelerator and AWE32 Sound Card

10. #9FX 531 for free OS

11. #9 531 Motion

12. #9 motion 531 success xf3.1.1

13. #9 Motion 531 -- I am happy with it