NT

Post by Janez Dovza » Tue, 29 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi

I was thinking about accessing Linux partitions from Win NT.
Is that possible and what additional programs do I need? (and where to
get them)

Happy New Year

Janez Dovzan

NT

Post by Martin Skj?ldebra » Tue, 29 Dec 1998 04:00:00

On Mon, 28 Dec 1998 11:05:36 +0100, Janez Dovzan

>Hi

>I was thinking about accessing Linux partitions from Win NT.
>Is that possible and what additional programs do I need? (and where to
>get them)

If you mean access a Linux-server from an NT client you'll need to run
SAMBA on the server. It makes NT believe it is talking to a NT server
(SMB is a NT format).

Otherwise (dual-booting) there is some alpha-software around but I
don't know if it is compatible with NT.

M.

NT

Post by N1h » Sat, 02 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>>Hi

>>I was thinking about accessing Linux partitions from Win NT.
>>Is that possible and what additional programs do I need? (and where to
>>get them)

Windows NT only knows how to read MSDOS and NTFS partitions - it has no clue
about reading Linux partitions. Conversely, Linux can read and write MSDOS
partitions and can read NTFS partitions. So, if you want to share files between
the two operating systems, set yourself up with an MSDOS partition. (Or, get
yourself a ZIP drive if the floppy isn't big enough).
------
If you send me spam (except for Hormel products), be aware that I'll simply
forward

NT

Post by lu » Sat, 02 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> >>Hi

> >>I was thinking about accessing Linux partitions from Win NT.
> >>Is that possible and what additional programs do I need? (and where to
> >>get them)

> Windows NT only knows how to read MSDOS and NTFS partitions - it has no clue
> about reading Linux partitions. Conversely, Linux can read and write MSDOS

check out http://jnewbigin-pc.it.swin.edu.au:80/Linux/Explore2fs.htm

reading is slow but ok, writing still somewhat experimental...

lu

1. NT NT NT NT NT NT NT MT

Why is everyone comparing whatever operating system with NT?

*     / - -                           /-----/ /                          *
*    /____  /   / /----/ /----/      /       /     /----/ /---/ /----/   *
*        / / / / /----/ /----/      /       /---/ /----/ /   / /----/    *
*   ___ / /_/_/ /____  /____       /_____/ /   / /____  /   /  ____/     *

---
 t MR/2 t

2. 3Com 3C509 troubles in Redhat 5.1 land

3. NT Network can see Linux but linux no see NT

4. Modeline for Gateway2000 Vivitron 17

5. Linux breaks NT's "Security" was Re: Warp NT and PC Mag ...

6. SUID User->Root

7. Linux - NT ppp using analogue line (null modem driver on nt)

8. SGI/IRIX6.5

9. pptp - obsd2.9 to nt domain, come in nt domain, over

10. I'm Trashing NT - DO NOT BUY NT

11. NT integration - rdist client for Windows NT?

12. Linux - NT ppp using analogue line (null modem driver on nt)

13. NT/Linux -> NT Screws my HD