GNUstep

Post by Justin Johnso » Sat, 08 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Has anybody here ever gotten GNUstep running?
Is it something that you can get on CD?
I have had troubles with the instructions that are given at GNUsteps ftp
site.
ftp://www.gnustep.org

I have afterstep running, but really liked the look that I saw of
GNUstep.

Justin

1. No more X server after GNUStep and window maker install.

Hi,

After install GNUstep, window maker (Last release available) i loose the
start of X server.
After booting in text mode i have ''Login''.
After login with my user and pass i have ''New mail'' and thats all.

If i try X or startx or afterstep or wmaker somme errors are display as
''autenfication fail'', ''cannot connect to X server''.
To avoid to reinstall again all Q3 release please help me.

Thanks for answers.

Stephane

2. The SunNetwork(SM) 2002 Conference

3. MkLinux GNUstep Port?

4. Need Dylan for X and Linux

5. GnuStep ?

6. console fonts vs. console characters?

7. GNUstep as next Linux GUI standard?

8. ftp automation help

9. GNUstep on LinuxPPC

10. GNUstep.0.5.0: Has anyone got DGS to work on FreeBSD

11. gnustep

12. GnuStep (gWorkspece) in ppc linux

13. GCC 2.7.2.1 4 GNUSTEP out 4 PowerPC architectures!