Someone, please help me install FVWM95 ...

Someone, please help me install FVWM95 ...

Post by Sarasa Gro » Sun, 14 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hello ...

I want to know about how to install FVWM95 ...
I already download that file, gzip, xmkmf -a, make, make install but
when i open my x windows there is not any fvwm95 ? ...
Please help me to install it, i really want to know about it.
For your information i used linux 3.0.0 kernel 1.2.13.

Thank's
Sony Liando

1. fvwm95 install problems, please help.

I am trying to install fvwm95-2.0.43a-Autoconfig on my Caldera COL 1.1
kernel 2.0.29.

I followed carefully, step by step, the installation procedure
contained in the Install file in the package and apparently no problem
have emerged during compiling.

Again following instructions I edited the last line of my .xinitrc
file commenting it out and adding: exec fvwm95

I am the only user of my "learning Linux" dedicated machine and I
login as /root   or as /col.  I copied the .xinitrc to both
directories. Now I have problems and the new 95 style window manager
doesn't start.

When I login as user: col and give the command startx
the error message returned is: /usr/sbin/rebuild_lgtypes: must run as
root.

When I login as: root and give the command startx, I have the surprise
to see the old default fvwm manager popping up and not the new 95 one.
When I exit it the message on the screen says:

PEX and XIE extensions modules not loaded
/usr/visix/vrte/ftc: presence of lockfile '.ftc.lock' indicates symbol
tables use
make: ***[LG_rulebase] error 1
exec: fvwm95 not found

only one thing in this messageis clear to me: that it cannot find the
executable. Unfortunately being a Linux newbie I have not the faintest
idea which and where the executable should be. I tried a find / -iname
fvwm95*  and got few files and directories but  none of them sound as
the  executable.

I think the .xinitrc  needs more editing than the install file
suggests and maybe there is room here for some suggestion or for a
copy of a working .xinitrc

I don't know if I gave enough information, but I would really be
grateful to receive some help,

Gianmaria

Gianmaria Fontana di Sacculmino

Embassy of India - Bratislava, Slovakia
PGP public key available on keyservers

2. file lock question.

3. CD Writer IDE ???

4. please, oh please, someone help me, i'm really stuck

5. How to match "\t" using regular expression in C

6. Can't compile FVWM95. PLEASE HELP!

7. Networking linux and NT 4.0

8. Can someone review my attempts please - to create a boot floppy to do FTP install

9. Please help with Fvwm95

10. Help - fvwm95 install

11. Help With Install Please HELP HELP HELP

12. Help needed to install fvwm95