Survey: Hauppauge WinTV/PCI

Post by Michael Dirkman » Thu, 03 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,

I bought an Hauppauge WinTV/PCI some weeks ago. It is working nicely
with Win95. Under Linux I have problems with my Genoa Phantom 64.
Ralph Metzler's program does NOT work with XFree86, ie. I only get a
black screen and only can here the sound. I have been using versions
3.1.2 and 3.2A.
bttv.o works fine when using AcceleratedX.
It does freezes my computer when using MetroX.

I would like to hear from you which graphics adapter and software you
are using. This survey could be added to Ralph's bttv-README.

On the other hand I would be glad to hear about a soltion of my
problem. Either a workaround or a fix of XFree86 (anybody from Xfree.org
listening?).
Even a cheap offer of AcceleratedX would be fine.

Thanks in advance

   Michael

   +----------------------------------+
   |        Michael Dirkmann          |
   |   Lehrstuhl f. Exp. Physik V     |
   |      Universitaet Dortmund       |

   |     Tel. ++49-231-755-4534       |
   +----------------------------------+

1. Survey: Hauppauge WinTV/PCI

[...]

2. icon editors

3. hauppauge wintv pci fm - sound over pci bus

4. Install won't recognize full size of disk!

5. Hauppauge WinTV PCI model 605

6. Default printer change in Redhat 6.0

7. Running a Hauppauge WinTV PCI

8. Problems running X with NetBSD 1.5 on RDI (Sparc)

9. No sound with Hauppauge WinTV PCI.

10. Hauppauge WinTV/pci Radio Support

11. hauppauge wintv pci

12. STB TV PCI or Hauppauge WinTV?

13. Hauppauge WinTV PCI FM stopped working