Fonts still not working (was: Help with TrueType fonts)

Fonts still not working (was: Help with TrueType fonts)

Post by johnv.. » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

Hal, I tried everything you suggested but it doesn't work. I want times
new roman as my default variable width font, so should I use the stuff
from the link you gave me only replace "arial" with "times new roman" or
will doing it with one font fix the others too? Maybe if I do that it'll
work, although I doubt it because even when I add it only for arial and
make arial my default variable width font in Netscape the only point
sizes available to me are still 0 and 12.

Thanks,
 -- John

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Hal Burgi » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>Hal, I tried everything you suggested but it doesn't work. I want times
>new roman as my default variable width font, so should I use the stuff
>from the link you gave me only replace "arial" with "times new roman"
>or will doing it with one font fix the others too? Maybe if I do that
>it'll work, although I doubt it because even when I add it only for
>arial and make arial my default variable width font in Netscape the
>only point sizes available to me are still 0 and 12.

You will have to do this for each font you want. If following those
steps don't do the trick, then I don't know, sorry. It worked for me.

--
Hal B

--
            Linux helps those who help themselves

1. TrueType fonts not working since upgrade to KDE 2.1.1 and XFree86-4.0.3

Hi,
    Since upgrading to KDE 2.1.1 and XFree86-4.0.3, I haven't been able
to install TrueType fonts.
    My FontPath in XF86Config-4 has a line like this: FontPath
"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/ttf"
    I copied some fonts off the Internet and put them in that directory.
When I start KDE, none of the fonts show up in any applications. Any
help would be appreciated.

Dave Blair

System: KDE 2.1.1
             XFree86-4.0.3
             Mandrake 7.2

2. Problems with tip

3. Is there TrueType fonts or "vector fonts" for linux?

4. mounting firewire device?

5. Sendmail Procmail Cyrus-imap

6. Protecting Lilo

7. TrueType Font -> PS-Font ?

8. Problems using fonts.alias to replace Type1 fonts with Truetype

9. Tools for converting TrueType or Type 1 fonts to common X font formats

10. get X winodw font from truetype fonts?

11. Over 1100 TrueType fonts now at the Font Empire