Gdk-ERROR**: an x io error occured aborting... help please

Gdk-ERROR**: an x io error occured aborting... help please

Post by Mari » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I instaled gnome and enlightement on my comp, and now after turning off x i
got this messages:
Gdk-ERROR**: an x io error occured aborting...
Gtk-WARNING**: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path:
"libpixmap.so"
what is wrong..... help

--
Dosta!
Bojkotiraj HiNet!

Gdk-ERROR**: an x io error occured aborting... help please

Post by Mik » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I get similar errors when quitting WindowMaker also. Doesn't seem to
affect it next time I run X so for now I just ignore it. I'm assuming
there's something hosed with the libs and it's not exiting cleanly but
I'm not a programmer yet, so not sure. Maybe it'll be fixed in the
next update
mike

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 01:13:02 +0200, "Marin"

>I instaled gnome and enlightement on my comp, and now after turning off x i
>got this messages:
>Gdk-ERROR**: an x io error occured aborting...
>Gtk-WARNING**: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path:
>"libpixmap.so"
>what is wrong..... help

>--
>Dosta!
>Bojkotiraj HiNet!
>http://dosta.cjb.net

Gdk-ERROR**: an x io error occured aborting... help please

Post by krys » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I got exactly the same error, but more : after an 'exit session', i got to
hit ctrl+alt+bckspce to get of X, because, enlightenment is blocked.
I think it comes from the way enlightenment is launched when you run
'startx', but i don't know how...

> I instaled gnome and enlightement on my comp, and now after turning off x
> got this messages:
> Gdk-ERROR**: an x io error occured aborting...
> Gtk-WARNING**: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path:
> "libpixmap.so"
> what is wrong..... help

> --
> Dosta!
> Bojkotiraj HiNet!
> http://dosta.cjb.net

1. Help! 2 x Elite3D, xinerama and Gdk-ERROR

I'm getting an error [1] when run I xcdroast[2] on an ultra with two Elite3D [3] in xinerama mode. When I take xinerama out it runs just fine (but I don't have xinerama!).

I'm running gnome beta 3 on solaris 9 with update 2 applied. I've edited the appropriate imlib imrc file to turn Mit-Shm off. I've installed then uninstalled the latest (available to me) Xsun and Elite 3d patches namely 112785-12 and 112620-02 respectively. This made no difference

My /etc/system has the following in it, consistent with earlier gnome requirements but I'm not sure it's required now as there is no mention of it in the setup.
* The following lines are required for   Exploring the GNOME Desktop (version 1.4)
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax = 0x2000000
*set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax = 8388608
*set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax = 17179869184
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni = 0x1000
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg = 0x100
* End of settings for   Exploring the GNOME Desktop (version 1.4)

Has anyone else experienced this or can suggest a fix?

Thanks in advance

[1]
Gdk-ERROR **: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)

[2] XCDRoast runs just fine with most everything EXCEPT the "write CD" where it normally brings up a progress window. At this point it caves in and drops the above error/

[3] The Elite 3D cards are different model numbers... (numbers elude me right now but are something like 501-xx84 and 501-xx86). One is a new install, replacing a creator3d which seemed to run most apps in xinerama just fine. I'm not quite at the frustration stage of re-installing

--
Peter Arnold
+-----------------------------------+-----------------+

| Brisbane, Qld, Australia          | To moo bovine.  |
+-----------------------------------+-----------------+

2. is it necessary to terminate the SCSI port with terminator?

3. GIMP -> gdk: x io error

4. HELP! Modules/Notebook/PCMCIA Install!

5. Gdk-Error

6. ghostscript woe...

7. "Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch" problem

8. How to install Canon BJC70 printer?

9. Gdk-ERROR

10. Gdk-Error when running Netscape

11. Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

12. How can fix this error (hda error io error )

13. After running startx: Caught error 11, fatal error, Server aborted