I have posted a question that apparently no one has the answer to...so now I pose another one. I can't get xinerama to work properly. Does anyone know of a irc channel that I can go to for help, or any doccumentation that may help me. Thanks.
check the documentation at http://www.xfree86.org/4.0/
and then post some more details: your XF86Config, monitors and so on.
1. XFree4: Making Multi-head Work WITHOUT Xinerama
Since so far I've been unsuccessful in getting XFree4.0 multi-head to
work properly using Xinerama (mouse disappears in 2nd screen, 2nd
screen won't work above 1280.1024, 2nd screen won't work in
accelerated mode ... see thread "XF86 4.0 Multi Head Problems" posted
over the last couple of days...), I thought I'd try shutting Xinerama
off and seeing if I could get it to work that way.
So far, no joy.
The #2 screen just shows me a gray background, no "wallpaper" (I have
wallpaper enabled), and no way to access anything on that screen.
How does multi-head operate if Xinerama is turned off? Are you
supposed to be able to put desktop #1 on one monitor and desktop #2 on
the other, stuff like that?
I have been through every bit of XF4 documentation I can find and have
spent all of yesterday and most of this morning on Dejanews and so
far, cannot find ANY discussion at all of how to run multi-head with
Xinerama turned off (and as I indicated in the above-referenced post,
Xinerama turned on seems to work but with all the problems listed in
Eric Poole Specializing in Software Development for
RKT Technologies, Inc. Medical Devices / Regulated Industries
PO Box 1100 ISO 9001 / FDA Quality System Regulation
Londonderry, NH 03053
Phone: 603-437-1811 Fax: 603-425-6475
reply by e-mail; use epoole-at-netis-dot-com)
Qualifications and Background: see http://www.netis.com/rkt
3. 1)multi-head g400 2)different sized monitors and xinerama
5. Multi-head query (Multi-Monitors, Multi-Cards)
6. Segmentation faults on Micronics JX-30G motherboard
7. multi-user: multi-head (monitor), keyboard, mouse, setup?
9. multi-user: multi-head (monitor), USB keyboards and mice?
11. ? multi home + multi cgi, multi email, multi log, multi support
12. dual-head with Xinerama - please help
13. Problem with Solaris 10 x86, Matrox G450 Dual Head, X.org and Xinerama