Help - need X-config for 5081 Fixed Freq monitor.

Post by Ben Konjka » Thu, 22 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I have tried for some time to drive my 5081 IBM fixed frequency monitor,
> I've read the Monitors Howto in the distrubution, I've surfed the net and
> now I'm a bit lost for what to do next.

> As I understand it the 5081 is a 1280x1024 fixed frequency monitor, with a
> Horizontal Frequency of 63.63 KHz and a refresh rate of 60Hz. (Please correct
> me if I'm wrong). I have an Orchid Kelvin 64 (Rev B) and are succesfully
> driving a SVGA monitor in X now. The card is based on the 5435 Cirrus Logic
> chipset and has a maximum dotclock (they are not programmable) of 110.3Mhz
> which to my thinking should be enough. Now I would have thought that the
> VESA timing corresponding to this would work - perhaps not perfectly, but at
> least give me a picture. (it don't).
> To complicate matters the monitor is a sync on green RGB unit, so I've made
> the Sync converter in the FAQ to put the SYNC on green. It seems to work,
> although I have no way of being sure (apart from getting X to work).

> If anyone can be of help, I'd sure appreciate any advice you can give me.
> (including more WWW sites to visit - I've been to quite a few though.)

> Thanks in Advance.

Check out http://home.earthlink.net/~photon/564-64.html for the correct solution

1. Help - need X-config for 5081 Fixed Freq monitor.

[...]

2. no sound from Real Player 5.0 or netscape, no full duplex with Speak Freely

3. Monitor Timing for IBM 5081 Fixed Freq. Monitor.

4. how to upgrade Aix432 to 433 on F50?

5. Help Needed: Specs for IBM 5081 Monitor

6. USB scanner support

7. Need advice on old IBM 5081/19 monitor

8. tcpstat, ipstat and udpstat

9. Need help: fixed freq monitor

10. Need help w/ XFree86 modeline for HP 98753A Fixed Freq Monitor!

11. 19" Fixed Freq Display, config help needed

12. Help needed for fixed freq. monitors