Help ! Compaq QVision 1024 / 1280 rsp.

Post by <100340... » Wed, 13 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm trying to install the Caldera Network Desktop Preview II onto a
Compaq Deskpro 560 XE. Preview I did work under X using a cpqavga
chip set, though it wasn't the one Compaq uses for the QVision cards.
Nevertheless it did work ...
The setup procedure allows to run it under X and it does work, though
it doesn't recognize the chip set and tke amount og video ram correctly ...

After installing the CND successfully (at the first view) I didn't have luck
to configure X ... though I used the same settings as at setup ... and SuperProbe
told me the model and the amount of video ram correctly ...

Any recommendations ?

ThanX in advance ...

~8-(: tac

Thomas Ackermann
DeTeBau Berlin
Germany

0049-30-35185-227

1. Compaq QVision 1280/P ==> HELP

I'm having trouble getting X to run on my Compaq machine.
I have a Compaq DeskPro 590 with a sound card and CDROM drive.
The video chipset (onboard) is a QVision 1280/P (1M)
I'm working off of the latest RedHat distribution.

Everything I tried so far doesn't seem to work.
Using the cpq_avga chipset option crashes the video card
The generic vga16 server doesn't even work (gives half of a screwed up screen
and then crashes).
Probing seems to get only a portion of the clocks available.

Any help, suggestions, or previous experience would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,
        LA

2. Installing KDE 3.0 over 2.2

3. Help Neede: XF86Config with Compaq QVision/1280

4. Ghostscript compile problem

5. Modeline for a Compaq QVision 1024/e & Compaq 151FS display?

6. Xmt on Motif on Linux

7. NEED: Xconfig for Compaq QVision/1024 & Compaq 171FS monitor

8. kernel 2.0.28 and Memory Leak Problem..

9. Configuring X11R6 for Compaq Qvision 1280 card

10. XFree86 with Compaq Qvision 1280

11. Driver for Compaq QVision/1280??

12. Compaq QVision 1280/P supported?

13. Any using Compaq Qvision 1280/P Card????