Mouse only moves up&right

Post by S. Fiel » Fri, 15 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Just installed RH5.0 and have the following problem any help is
appreciated:

I have a cheapie mouse systems PS/2 mouse. When at a text console gpm
works great and the mouse moves all over the screen fine recognizing all
three mouse buttons no problem. When I startx and try to use the mouse
in X I can only move the mouse up and to the right. When there is any
motion to the left or down, the pointer jumps to the left or bottom of
the screen respectively. I have occasionally seen the mouse working
correctly, ie no jumping, for brief periods of time, order of a second
or less, but then it freaks out again.

Has anyone heard of or seen this kind of mouse behavior. I've consulted
my local linux guru and he couldn't seem to get it to work. The strange
thing to me is the correct functionality by gpm, but the strange action
under X.

    -Steve

Mouse only moves up&right

Post by roo » Sat, 16 May 1998 04:00:00

Yup, go back to the XF86Setup program and pick the correct
mouse.  Use 'p' to move around.

--

1. APC UPS Smart-Ups 1000XL & SCO

Greetings !

I have the above UPS on my lan under SCO3.2v4.2 and all is well.

question:
        Are there any scripts or other software permitting an automated
shutdown of a heterogeneous lan which includes a variety of                     hardware
and operating systems ?

Cordially,

2. Help with modprobe

3. ATI GUPro bus mouse move up, cursor moves down (in X)

4. How to tell which distribution a linux system is

5. Kensington Orbit-Right Mouse Button & Suse Linux

6. Logfile and VHosts on Apache1.2b7

7. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

8. Linux and Netware

9. Make right mouse btn act as middle on 2btn mouse?

10. Use ctrl+left mouse button as right mouse button

11. right handed mouse to left handed mouse?

12. Help: 2nd mouse button (3 button mouse) not working right

13. Right mouse, left mouse