Kangaroo-mouse under RedHat 6.0 x-server

Kangaroo-mouse under RedHat 6.0 x-server

Post by Cybersnak » Wed, 28 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hiya all,
i got a little problem with my new Mouse.
If i installed it, and select the proper "driver" for it, the curser jumps
left and right when i move the mouse. something like 2 steps left and 1 step
right when i move to the left.
i tried another mouse, but no chance. i tried all "drivers" in mouseconfig
but no luck.
I reinstalled the whole system and once more no luck. I also changed the
resolution of the monitor, but maybe you'll guess, no luck.

i would be very, very happy for any comment that can help me.

I have a 3 button mouse(logitech M-S48) with a scroll wheel and a PS/2
connector.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Best Regards,

Roger

Post by Davi » Sun, 01 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Hiya all,
> i got a little problem with my new Mouse.
> If i installed it, and select the proper "driver" for it, the curser jumps
> left and right when i move the mouse. something like 2 steps left and 1 step
> right when i move to the left.
> i tried another mouse, but no chance. i tried all "drivers" in mouseconfig
> but no luck.
> I reinstalled the whole system and once more no luck. I also changed the
> resolution of the monitor, but maybe you'll guess, no luck.

> i would be very, very happy for any comment that can help me.

> I have a 3 button mouse(logitech M-S48) with a scroll wheel and a PS/2
> connector.

> Thanks for any help in advance.

> Best Regards,

> Roger

I use RH-6.0 and have the s48 Logitech mouse. on my machine it is on port
/dev/psaux with high resolution. It works great for me except for the wheel
part which I haven't got working yet.

Good luck

Kangaroo-mouse under RedHat 6.0 x-server

Post by Davi » Sun, 01 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Hiya all,
> i got a little problem with my new Mouse.
> If i installed it, and select the proper "driver" for it, the curser jumps
> left and right when i move the mouse. something like 2 steps left and 1 step
> right when i move to the left.
> i tried another mouse, but no chance. i tried all "drivers" in mouseconfig
> but no luck.
> I reinstalled the whole system and once more no luck. I also changed the
> resolution of the monitor, but maybe you'll guess, no luck.

> i would be very, very happy for any comment that can help me.

> I have a 3 button mouse(logitech M-S48) with a scroll wheel and a PS/2
> connector.

> Thanks for any help in advance.

> Best Regards,

> Roger

Almost forgot I set it up as a generic ps/2 3 button mouse.

Post by Snidley Whiplas » Mon, 02 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Hiya all,
> i got a little problem with my new Mouse.
> If i installed it, and select the proper "driver" for it, the curser jumps
> left and right when i move the mouse. something like 2 steps left and 1 step
> right when i move to the left.
> i tried another mouse, but no chance. i tried all "drivers" in mouseconfig
> but no luck.
> I reinstalled the whole system and once more no luck. I also changed the
> resolution of the monitor, but maybe you'll guess, no luck.

> i would be very, very happy for any comment that can help me.

> I have a 3 button mouse(logitech M-S48) with a scroll wheel and a PS/2
> connector.

> Thanks for any help in advance.

> Best Regards,

> Roger

 Have you tried no emulate 3 buttons ( I kinda doubt it'll work tho )
The only other thing I would try is XF86Setup ( The 'a' key applies
changes )
However if you are not yet comfortable with XF86Setup ... It can make a
mess
if you have an add-on Xserver.

1. Kangaroo-mouse under Redhat 6.0 X-server

Hiya all,
i got a little problem with my new Mouse.
If i installed it, and select the proper "driver" for it, the curser jumps
left and right when i move the mouse. something like 2 steps left and 1 step
right when i move to the left.
i tried another mouse, but no chance. i tried all "drivers" in mouseconfig
but no luck.
I reinstalled the whole system and once more no luck. I also changed the
resolution of the monitor, but maybe you'll guess, no luck.

i would be very, very happy for any comment that can help me.

I have a 3 button mouse(logitech M-S48) with a scroll wheel and a PS/2
connector.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Best Regards,

Roger

2. mailcap - lost

3. Best commercial X-server Redhat 6.0

4. Top 10 posters comp.unix.shell

5. redhat Linux 6.0 Resolution X-server

6. firewall computer, local area network, intranet

7. X-server and mouse

8. Setting master mode fails

9. bus mouse hangs up X-server when switching from virtual terminal

10. Middle Mouse Button & X-Server

11. Configuring Mouse In xf86config For X-Server

12. X-Server Mouse Configuration Woes

13. RedHat LINUX4.1 X-SERVER PROBLEM