Help with X-installation!!!!!!!

Post by Milos Popovi » Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I recently installed RedHat Linux (4.1) on my pentium 120, and can't
seem to get X-windows to work.  After typing in "startx", the screen
goes black for a copule of seconds and then comes back with a whole
bunch of messages like: "no devices detected, ... couldn't not
syncronize frequencies, etc...."

My video card is S3 Trio64V+, and I did everything I was supposed to do
(accordiong to the installation manual)...   I am really desparate, I
spent about 2 weeks trying to figure out what the problem was.  I tried
running all different servers, but nothing changes...

Any help would be apreciated.

If you could e-mail me, it would be great.

Thanks

1. Please Help With X-installation!

Hi,
I recently installed RedHat Linux (4.1) on my pentium 120, and can't
seem to get X-windows to work.  After typing in "startx", the screen
goes black for a copule of seconds and then comes back with a whole
bunch of messages like: "no devices detected, ... couldn't not
syncronize frequencies, etc...."

My video card is S3 Trio64V+, and I did everything I was supposed to do
(accordiong to the installation manual)...   I am really desparate, I
spent about 2 weeks trying to figure out what the problem was.  I tried
running all different servers, but nothing changes...

Any help would be apreciated.

If you could e-mail me, it would be great.

Thanks

2. File permissions in SLS

3. HELP!! with X-installation

4. Configuring Lynux to work with leased lines?help!!

5. HELP!!! with X-installation

6. Afterstep doesn't compile

7. help!!!! with X-installation

8. xmh working on Solaris....

9. HeLP!! with X-installation

10. OpenLinux Installation trouble w/ installation source HELP! :O)

11. Please help with ESS1938 Solo Audiodrive installation.installation.

12. Help Help, Help me with my Red Hat installation problem

13. Ethernet PCMCIA Card installation - help.help.help