Monitor refresh rates

Post by afir051 » Sat, 15 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hello All
I have a RH 6.1 with stock Xfree86 server. My monitor is ViewMate 17"

nominal signal, frequency range? Maybe it's stupid question but I couldnt
find any HOWTO's. Maybe you can redirect me to any good howto's?
Appriciate your help.
Thanks ALOT.

/aseac

Monitor refresh rates

Post by Hidong Ki » Sun, 16 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Have you tried 'xf86config'?  Good luck,

Hidong

> Hello All
> I have a RH 6.1 with stock Xfree86 server. My monitor is ViewMate 17"

> nominal signal, frequency range? Maybe it's stupid question but I couldnt
> find any HOWTO's. Maybe you can redirect me to any good howto's?
> Appriciate your help.
> Thanks ALOT.

> /aseac

1. Setting Monitor Refresh Rate

I have "de-uglified" the fonts on RH 6.1 (as per the HOW-TO).  The ttf's,
etc., are an improvement.  In Para 2.in the HOW-TO there is mention of
setting the monitor refresh rate as high as possible (say, 85 vs. 60 Hz).  I
cannot see a method for doing this using Xconfigurator, and just changing
the
values in XF86Config crashed the X server.  Is there a recommended
method of changing this rate?

Monitor is a Dell UltraScan D1025HTX (which seems capable of
the 85 Hz rate).

Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat (remove 'BOAT')
http://kerrydeare.tripod.com

2. DAT Compression

3. Adjusting monitor refresh rate

4. Kill this thing - how?

5. Monitor refresh rate in X

6. Linux - solution of portable Unicode C++ code [OT]

7. Manually setting the monitor refresh rate.

8. Apache dies with no errors

9. Old Monitor...Refresh rates specs

10. TFT/LCD Monitors - Refresh Rate Problem; break CDE on login?

11. Toshiba monitor refresh rates

12. Monitor Refresh Rate