dcopserver of KDE not starting with ICE error

dcopserver of KDE not starting with ICE error

Post by Marze » Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Could someone explain why this might be happening?

I had no problems compiling KDE I just get an error while starting
kdeinit. dcopserver (and ksmserver) complaining :

"error in loading shared libraries: dcopserver: undefined symbol :
_IceTransNoListen"

I was guessing that I missed a header...

Please help.

Cheers,

Marzel

1. dcopserver; can't start kde

Greetings!

Was trying to install kde-2.1.1 and evidently trampled some stuff.
Kde-2.1.1 is not installed and I've tried to backpedal out of a couple of
files that got installed in my abortive attempts. I'm running Mandrake 7.2
going the way of the RPM.

Now when I try to start a KDE session, I get an error about dcopserver not
running and of course the desktop is not functional. (Just running
dcopserver in the background doesn't fix this.)

I would like either to get back to kde-1.9.17 or move forward to
kde-2.1.1.

Help would be appreciated.

F.

     Felmon John Davis
     Union College /  Schenectady, NY
     os/2 - ma kauft koi katz em sack

2. SB Live works, but sound quality sucks- please help

3. Getting console messages?

4. Help! kde wont start (dcopserver?)

5. unix users group meetings

6. WTF GIVES with DCOPserver not starting!!!!! Please help!!!

7. Data Access Exception message

8. kde 3.0 dcopserver error

9. KDE DCOPserver error

10. Solutions: KDE not starting KDM loop PATH not SET

11. DCOPserver failure when starting KDE2.2 on FreeBSD4.4

12. KDE and 2.9 issue (DCOPServer)