Allowing permanent access to x-server for other users/computers

Allowing permanent access to x-server for other users/computers

Post by Martin Vonwal » Sun, 05 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi!

I want to allow machine X access to my x-server. Right now I do that
with xhost +X every time I boot my machine. I couldn't figure out any
simple way to permanent allow machine X accessing my x-server. Can
anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,
Martin

Post by Mark Gra » Sun, 05 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> Hi!

> I want to allow machine X access to my x-server. Right now I do that
> with xhost +X every time I boot my machine. I couldn't figure out any
> simple way to permanent allow machine X accessing my x-server. Can
> anybody point me in the right direction?

Put your machines in a file /etc/X0.hosts like so:

localhost
mach1.your.domain
mach2.your.domain
mach3.your.domain
mach4.your.domain
mach5.your.domain

1. Allowing users to access my computer via ftp

I'm pretty new to linux networking and wondered if anyone could point me in
the right direction for setting up an FTP server so my mate can ftp into my
computer from his house. Is it possible?
How do I tell his computer the name of my computer etc.. or I have I
completely the wrong idea?

My main aim is to connect to my ISP and ftp/telnet. I've gone through the
ISP-Hookup HOWTO but it didn't work. It just closes my xterm.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy.

2. Fortune under Linux?

3. Allowing a virtual server user FTP access to an html directory only

4. Microsoft and anti-trust

5. Apache: Allow access to a domain, require password from all others???

6. FTP server with RedHat 5.1 !!! I need help !! please !

7. Can access to Web server through SmoothWall, but Mail server & others can't ?!

8. printer

9. xdm allows some users in, not others ?!

10. Allowing access based on computer name???

11. allowing normal users to shut the computer down

12. Allowing other computers to write to other computers drives.