netscape's backspace problem

Post by Jay Ts » Tue, 01 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I know this problem has been addressed numerous times before but could
anyone tell me how to make the backspace key function like a backspace
instead of the delete in netscape?  Thanks in advance.  Any help is
appreciated.

Jay Tsao
Texas Instruments

1. telnet to linux Backspace work; rsh xterm Backspace don't work

   Hi there,
subject say it. If I log into our linux-machine (SUSE 6.0) via telnet or

rlogin I have no problems working with the Backspace and Delete key, but

I see inverted characters if I do an ls -la or an man.

If I do a rsh -n linux.machine -l hl xterm -display ...... -T ....
(what I prefer) I have no problems with inverted character and man
worked all well, BUT the Backspace and Delete key give me an ~

Which screw I have to turn, that the Backspace key worked. What I tried
was stty erase '^C' and stty erase '^?' but nothing worked....

any hint...

thanks a lot
Dirk Hellmann

2. Upgrade 2.4 -> 2.5.1 with alt root

3. Netscape 2.0 - Keysyms problem (backspace and delete key problems)

4. Can't compile gated

5. Can't backspace in netscape browser

6. RH7.2: Moving SWAP file, is it possible?

7. BackSpace won't work in Netscape !

8. Testing, please respond, I think I have a propogation problem here

9. HELP: Can't get NETSCAPE to recognize backspace

10. Backspace doesn't work in Netscape

11. Backspace doesn't work in Netscape, but okay elsewhere

12. Backspace key in Netscape doesn't work

13. Backspace doesn't work in Netscape