Looking for a Linux Fortran compiler/development environment

Looking for a Linux Fortran compiler/development environment

Post by Juan Carlos Gil Montor » Sat, 14 Dec 1996 04:00:00

We are in the process of evaluating Fortran development environments
  for a satellite control system and orbit dynamics project. The basic
  requirements to be held are the following:

     - Hardware: pentium 166 MHz/64 Mb RAM.
     - Operating System: Linux.
     - Programming Language: FORTRAN 77.

     We are looking for a compiler which generates fast,  robust  code
  together  with  a  development  environment  designed  for   maximum
  productivity. Price is not important.

     The compiler must recognise common VAX Fortran extensions such as
  RECORD and DO/WHILE loops. Fortran 90 support is highly desirable.

     As for the environment our main concern is productivity  as  said
  above. We would like to have features such  as  integrated  edition,
  make/compilation, debug and configuration control.

  Any pointer or experience would be appreciated.
  Regards.

Post by Steven Hugh » Sat, 14 Dec 1996 04:00:00

: We are in the process of evaluating Fortran development environments
:   for a satellite control system and orbit dynamics project. The basic
:   requirements to be held are the following:

[snip the details]

:   Any pointer or experience would be appreciated.
:   Regards.

See The Linux Fortran Information Page

        http://marie.mit.edu/~templon/fortran.html

-Steve Hughes-

                  Engineering...the Duct Tape of Science

================ LINUX - It's NOT Just for hackers anymore! ===============

# Coastal Engineering Research Center # Voice: (601) 634-2026             #
# USAE Waterways Experiment Station   #   FAX: (601) 634-3433             #
# 3909 Halls Ferry Road               #                                   #
# Vicksburg, MS  39180-6199 USA       #                                   #

1. Looking for a Linux Fortran compiler/development environment

We are in the process of evaluating Fortran development environments
  for a satellite control system and orbit dynamics project. The basic
  requirements to be held are the following:

     - Hardware: pentium 166 MHz/64 Mb RAM.
     - Operating System: Linux.
     - Programming Language: FORTRAN 77.

     We are looking for a compiler which generates fast,  robust  code
  together  with  a  development  environment  designed  for   maximum
  productivity. Price is not important.

     The compiler must recognise common VAX Fortran extensions such as
  RECORD and DO/WHILE loops. Fortran 90 support is highly desirable.

     As for the environment our main concern is productivity  as  said
  above. We would like to have features such  as  integrated  edition,
  make/compilation, debug and configuration control.

  Any pointer or experience would be appreciated.
  Regards.

2. PPP, ifconfig, route, IP_ALIAS ?

3. problem in ipx.c ?

4. Fortran and C Compiler for Linux (Ex Apollo Domain Fortran)

5. NCSA httpd from inetd has trouble writing to logs

6. Looking for good fortran compiler for linux

7. monitor video timings

8. Looking for Linux fortran compiler that can handle HP-UX extensions

9. Looking for COMMERCIAL fortran compiler for Linux

10. Looking for HP FORTRAN compiler

11. looking for FORTRAN 90 compiler on FreeBSD

12. Fortran compiler with VAX Fortran extensions?