Setting up a Hungarian keyboard layout - XFREE

Setting up a Hungarian keyboard layout - XFREE

Post by Glyn Millingto » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:46:15

Greetings!    I'm running XFree86-4.3.0 on Slackware Linux 9.
What I want to do is to be able to toggle between English(gb) and
Hungarian keyboard layouts.  This seems easy enough and I can make it
work for Czech(cz) but not for Hungarian

The error message I get from  xkbcomp is

" can't find file pc/hu for symbols include"

But it appears to be there!!!  - in the same folder as the cz file and in
pretty much the same format and the permissions are identical.

The relevant snippet from  XF86Config is

8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------
Option "XkbRules"   "xfree86"
    Option "XkbModel"   "pc102"
    Option "XkbLayout"  "gb,hu"
    Option "XkbOptions" "grp:ctrl_shift_toggle"
8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------

Can anyone put me right on this?

Thanks for your attention

Glyn

1. Setting keyboard layout

Hi everybody!

I recently got hold of a copy of NetBSD-1.4.3 and I'd like to learn using
it. I've successfully installed it on my laptop working fine :-)

I have a German keyboard layout and I'd like to use it, but I don't know how
to set it up. It's using the US one and I hate guessing the keys...

Hermann

2. Java Server, C Client and Data

3. Setting keyboard layout...confusion

4. emacs automatically starts 3 times in xwindows

5. Setting keyboard layout for X per user

6. help: how to untar XFree sources ?

7. Ultra5 uses German keyboard layout for US keyboard after dtlogin...

8. elm for Solaris 2.x

9. How to find the keyboard type and keyboard layout?

10. Happy Hacking keyboard + USB KVM == strange keyboard layout

11. XKEYCAPS: Keyboard layout for the IBM PS/2 keyboard

12. Mad Xsun uses German keyboard layout for US/UNIX keyboard...

13. Xfree, KDE and keyboard settings