Fixed Frequency Monitors?

Post by Ethan Fisch » Fri, 12 Jan 1996 04:00:00

        Hello.  I've been trying to find information on using fixed
frequency monitors with XFree86.  Does anyone have any information
regarding the use of such monitors with XF86?
        I would really like to know if anyone has managed to do this
without using a Photon of Mirage card.
        Any information that you can provide (especially technical
information) would be appreciated.
        Also, if you have information regarding companies other than
Photon or Mirage that produce video cards for fixed frequency monitors,
please tell me.
        Thank you very much.
        - Peter Federighi

ps: since i'm not posting from my account, my email address is:

--

float o=0.075,h=1.5,T,r,O,l,I;int _,L=80,s=3200;main(void){for(;s%L||
(h-=o,T=-2),s;4-(r=O*O)<(l=I*I)|++_==L&&write(1,(--s%L?_<L?--_%6:6:7)

Fixed Frequency Monitors?

Post by Martin Hofma » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

|>   Hello.  I've been trying to find information on using fixed
|> frequency monitors with XFree86.  Does anyone have any information
|> regarding the use of such monitors with XF86?
|>   I would really like to know if anyone has managed to do this
|> without using a Photon of Mirage card.
|>   Any information that you can provide (especially technical
|> information) would be appreciated.
|>   Also, if you have information regarding companies other than
|> Photon or Mirage that produce video cards for fixed frequency monitors,
|> please tell me.
|>   Thank you very much.
|>   - Peter Federighi

Take a look at our web site for info on how to do this using only a simple
bit of electronics.  We describe the procedure for Apollo and Sun monitors
in detail, other monitors should not be different in prinicple.

        http://cvs.anu.edu.au/monitorconversion
--
The world is sacred.  You cannot improve it.    | Martin Hofmann
If you try to change it, you will ruin it.      | Centre for Visual Sciences

1. Seting up video for a fixed frequency monitor

OK, I know I was asking for trouble, but I just acquired an old Sony
Trinitron (GDM-1604B15) monitor which use to be connect to a 25Mhz
sparc system. Actually I've had it for a while and my wife say use it
or loose it!

The problem is that this monitor is a bit odd and is fixed frequency:
Res: 1152x900 at 66Hz max
HR: 61.8KHz
VR: 66 Hz

I've attempted to work through the XFree86 Video Timings HowTo, but
it's geared around getting the max res out of a multi-sync monitor and
I haven't had much luck working the numbers yet.

Has anyone setup a fixed freq monitor and have some guidelines on how
to setup the modelines?  Is it in the HOWTO and there's some easy way
to work backwards with the procedure?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Can you use the NTFS module from 2.2 kernel to 2.0 kernel?

3. How do you set up Xfree86 for Fixed Frequency Monitors

4. Getting Slackware '96

5. fixed frequency monitor

6. basic information on Slackware...

7. Multimonitor w/ fixed-frequency monitor.

8. NIS client

9. Fixed Frequency Monitor - Success!

10. Sony GDM1932 fixed frequency monitor & Matrox Mystique

11. X and Sony 17" fixed frequency monitor (badged Sun)

12. How do you setup XFree86 for Fixed Frequency Monitors?

13. Hitachi CM2073A Fixed Frequency Monitor