Cirrus Logic GD5434 graphics card

Post by <jasonandtarakear.. » Thu, 04 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Unable to get my graphics card to work with RH 5.2.  Pentium 120 Overdrive
processor, 56 MB EDO ram, Seagate 420 mb HD master, WD 3.1Gig slave, Cirrus
Logic GD5434 1MB (can expand to 2 mb) video card on my motherboard (Intel
Neptun  Merker/PCI chipset).
X86config  recognizes the video card, my monitor is a PB svga monitor ( I
also tried my iiyama MT9017E monitor ).  What happens is I get vertical
lines and snow and I can see the Xwindows screen but everything is fuzzed
out so I can't read anything.  I haven't loaded the new kernel or the new
X86 upgrade.  RH 5.2 recognizes my AWE 64 and it works, my pioneer cd-rom
works too.  Just can't get the on-board graphics card to work.

Please help
JFK

Cirrus Logic GD5434 graphics card

Post by Roger » Mon, 08 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I had similar problems. I solved it by installing Slackware Linux,
included the TCL packages and included also the TCL X config script
when I installed. Then I run /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86Setup and my problems
were over.

> Unable to get my graphics card to work with RH 5.2.  Pentium 120 Overdrive
> processor, 56 MB EDO ram, Seagate 420 mb HD master, WD 3.1Gig slave, Cirrus
> Logic GD5434 1MB (can expand to 2 mb) video card on my motherboard (Intel
> Neptun  Merker/PCI chipset).
> X86config  recognizes the video card, my monitor is a PB svga monitor ( I
> also tried my iiyama MT9017E monitor ).  What happens is I get vertical
> lines and snow and I can see the Xwindows screen but everything is fuzzed
> out so I can't read anything.  I haven't loaded the new kernel or the new
> X86 upgrade.  RH 5.2 recognizes my AWE 64 and it works, my pioneer cd-rom
> works too.  Just can't get the on-board graphics card to work.

> Please help
> JFK

1. Cirrus Logic CL-GD5434 PCI -- Config problems

I'm trying to get X to work on a P60 with a Cirrus Logic CL-GD5434 w/ 1
Meg.

So far no luck.  Anyone else use this card, or have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard Ryder

KA1ZGA

2. Taylor UUCP 1.04 fails EAGAIN on 0.99.12

3. XF86Config for Cirrus Logic CL-GD5434

4. Changing Network parameters

5. Help with Cirrus Logic GD5434

6. Zannet -

7. Zenith with Cirrus Logic GD5434 video HELP!!

8. xrn for INtergraph CLIX 5.X O.S.

9. Who knows Cirrus Logic GD5434 video controller?

10. XFree86 and my Cirrus Logic GD5434

11. Cirrus logic CL-GD5434

12. trouble with my graphic card cirrus logic 5465 AGP

13. Cirrus logic Graphics card