Can't change video resolutions for 3D Blaster Banshee Video Card

Can't change video resolutions for 3D Blaster Banshee Video Card

Post by Mike » Fri, 02 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know how I can change the resolution of my 3D Blaster
Banshee Video Card in Linux? I've been struggling with this problem for
a while now. The resolution by default was set very high after I
downloaded the 3D Blaster Banshee Linux Driver from Creative
(XF_Banshee_1.01.tar.gz.
    I already tried to run Xconfigurator but my video card was not in
the list so I chose the Unlisted Option. However, I could find the
chipset that I have in the next list which is the Banshee Chipset. Now
that I was unable to find the proper hardware that I had in
Xconfigurator I'm unable to proceed to change resolutions.
    I called Linux support but they weren't much help and I just found
out that Creative does not support this driver. If anyone here has had
the same problem and has resolved it, please contact me. I really want
to know how I can solve this.

Thanks for Reading

1. everything is huge in X, can't set resolution higher--Banshee based video card

If anyone can suggest anything which might help solve my plight, I'd greatly
appreciate it.  I'm new to linux (RH 5.2) and when I load X the screen real
estate becomes minimal...e verything is huge, the start button is more than
an inch high.  I'd like to set the resolution higher, but can't figure out
how.  xvidtune was suggested by RH support, but it has no effect.  In xconf
I've set it from the lowest res VGA to the highest my monitor/vid card
supports in SVGA, and always get the same screen size.  If I choose in xconf
that I do want virtual desktop sizes to be available, X won't load, I get an
out of memory error.  I have a 16MB Banshee based video card (Guillemot
Maxigamer Phoenix) and 160MB ram.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Steve Whitcher

2. DOOM

3. 3d voodoo banshee-- gateway 450 video card

4. WHAT KIND OF LANGUAGE IS THAT ?

5. 3D Banshee Video Card Problem... help?

6. printer driver

7. Creative Banshee 2D/3D Video Card Driver

8. Internet Packets and C program

9. Creative Labs Banshee 3D video Card

10. Jaton VIDEO-740AGP-3D video card

11. X-win on 3D blaster video card?

12. Xfee problems w/ Creative Blaster 3d video card

13. Good video (3D & video input) card for Linux