Locale in X

Post by Tasos K » Tue, 10 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi everyone
I have created a compose file under
XLOCALE directory to use the accents ,that greek languange
requires, but the X application (I have no problems with no X apps) that
reads my system
locale environments (LANG LC_ALL etc) correct and
uses my compose file under iso8859-7 is xterm.
I checked the locale.alias settings and the are correct
setenv LANG gr_GR
locale.alias
[snip]
gr_GR   el_GR.ISO8859-7
gr      el_GR.ISO8859-7
[snip]
I used strace to trace the apps and they all
seem to read everything thats under C or iso8859-1.
And now that I upgraded to XFree86 3.3 it seems that
tcl/tk apps depend on it because I can not type in
greek using the XKB extension on them (but I can in the
others I just can't get any accents)
What is the environment (other than LANG LC_*) or
resource that I tell X what locale to use?
Please help me

1. lib/locale vs share/locale

Can someone explain to me why there is
/usr/openwin/lib/locale, AND /usr/openwin/share/locale?

They seem to have different contents, but it is not clear to me what the
differentiator is.

Nor is it clear to some other people inside Sun, it seems.
To take a "similar, yet different" comparison,
/opt/sfw/share/locale is a link to /opt/sfw/lib/locale

http://www.spamlaws.com/state/ca1.html

2. LInksys and Freebsd

3. current locale is not supported in X11, locale is set to CX

4. Booting up !

5. RogueWave Locale and GNU g++ Locale

6. 404 page

7. X error: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged

8. AltaVista's software

9. locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged (What does it mean?)

10. Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged

11. locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

12. In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins