Q: about XConfig of Cannon notebook

Post by thle » Fri, 03 Feb 1995 13:32:41

Hi! everybody.

        I am using Cannon subnote book computer - Innova book 10c.
        On the user's guide of this notebook computer,
        they said only it is vga/ega compatible and no any spec
        as like clock time.

        What is the basic Xconfig file for general VGA compatible board
        and the lcd monitor?

        I tried many configuration but fail (even the lcd monitor
        works well on dos with any graphical program)
        I executed 'vgaset' too but cannot get any information.

        Why X window configuration need so many infomation?
        We can simply use libvga.a without care of those things at first time.
        (libvga.a works well too)

        I need your help.
        Any related comments will be appreciated.
        Thanks,
                        Tonghyun Lee
--
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------

  Phone:    503-737-5566        | CS Dept.
  Fax:      503-737-3014        | Oregon State University
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------

1. Qs about Linux setup on Compaq 486 notebook

I'm want to use Linux on a Compaq 486/25SL notebook. I'm stuck on
the following issues and would appreciate any pointers.
1 I believe the video ROM is being shadowed. The BIOS setup
 has options to shadow the video ROM at two different addresses,
 but none to turn it off.
2 Some memory is reserved, presumably for shadowing arcane stuff,
 including but not limited to battery management pop-ups (or is that
 in the video RAM?).
3 Who is reserving this memory? Does the BIOS do it? Or is it DOS?
 Since Linux (Debian) install instructions ask you to turn off all
 shadowing, I can do that automatically if DOS is doing the shadowing,
 but I get the impression that the BIOS does this. The how do I go
 about disabling shadowing and not reserving memory?
4 These machines were supposed to have a small partition with
 diagnostics programs on it. I don't see anything but a Big-DOS
 partition with FIPS and other HDD utilities. Can there be a parition
 that such an utility cannot see?
5 Some utilities I have used show 256k video RAM, but there's supposed
 to be 512k. The same utilities see 16450 UARTs on my serial port and a
 16550A on the modem board, but MSD sees 8250s on the serial port.
 How reliable is this stuff? Are there definitive h/w utilities in Linux?

Any information will be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
-bhaskar

2. Kernel data version 3, mount data version 1 (userfs)

3. XConfig, Xconfig, Xconfig

4. Robust apps for x? Do they exist?

5. XConfig file for MPC 775 notebook

6. US Threatens Iraqi Scientists

7. Xconfig with Cl-GD6225 Vl chip on notebook LCD screen

8. Wanted: Used or great deals on Routers

9. Xconfig for PS/Thinkpad 350C notebook

10. Need XFree86 Xconfig for Toshiba T4700CT notebook

11. xconfig notebook strategy needed

12. Xconfig help for notebook.

13. Xconfig for AST Notebook