Problem when compiling CVS version of X

Post by Stuar » Fri, 19 Oct 2001 01:22:39

Hi all,

      When I am trying to compile X from CVS, it keeps dying
out with the following error:

make[5]: [ctlseqs.PS] Error 3 (ignored)
groff: can't find `DESC' file
groff:fatal error: invalid device `ps'
make[5]: *** [ctlseqs.PS] Error 1

This is one of many of the errors that are coming up, they
are all the same except for the .PS file is different for each
one.

Can anyone help?? This is driving me mad not having access to a gui!

--
Stuart

1. Samba- Problem: path too long/ cvs- Problem: cvs import stucks

Hi folks,
I tried to fix the following problems for days without success. So I hope,
someone out there could help me.

OS: SuSE Linux 7.1 Kernel 2.4.7
        Samba Version 2.2.0a
        CVS Version 1.11

Samba- Problem:
I have mount a Samba share on my Windows- Clients (NT and W2K). When I try
to copy a lokal directory to the Samba share I get the error messages
(german): Pfadname zu lang (english: path to long). Everything else works
pretty good. I tried different settings in the smb.conf, but without
success.

CVS- Problem:
I want to import a lokal directory from into cvs but nothing happen. No
error messages but also no import. wincvs stucks and I have to kill it with
the task manager. cvs checkout works fine. I think the problem is also
founded on the Linux side, because I also have CVS on SCO OpenServer 5.0.5
and have no problems.

cat /etc/smb.conf:
[global]
        workgroup = myWorkgroup
        netbios name = myNetbiosName
        server string = myServerString
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        allow trusted domains = No
        password server = myPasswordServer(Windows NT4.0 PDC)
        lanman auth = No
        log level = 3
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        name resolve order = host bcast
        character set = ISO8859-1
        preferred master = False
        local master = No
        domain master = False
        dns proxy = No
        create mask = 0766
        directory mask = 0777
        hosts allow = x.x.x.x/255.255.255.0

[projekt]
        comment = Projekte
        path = /usr2/projekt
        read only = No
        guest ok = Yes

[disks]
        comment = Interessante Programme ...
        path = /usr2/disks
        read only = No
        guest ok = Yes

2. Man Pages

3. perl -v, problem with "CVS" version management system

4. how to handle a .tar file

5. problems compiling latest DRI cvs for voodoo 3

6. SOLARIS 2.6

7. Problem To Compile Alsa (CVS)

8. Trident 3DImage 975 (PCI)

9. kdelib from CVS (Nov 16) compile problem

10. Problems compiling kdegraphics cvs module on Mandrake 8.1 & 8.2

11. kdelibs from CVS (Nov 16) compile problem

12. Problems compiling kioslave/pop3 from CVS

13. compiling cvs problem