getting 16 million colors on a VGA screen

getting 16 million colors on a VGA screen

Post by Alan Le » Mon, 02 Jun 1997 04:00:00

(prolly a newbie question) is there any known way to get over 16 colours
on a VGA screen in X? I currently have a S3 Trio64V+ with 1M VRAM. I can
get 640x480x16mil in Win95, so i assume it can be done in X as well. any
help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks...

1. 16 million colour X

I am looking for a video card that supports 16 million colours using
XFree86.  It needs to be a VLB card.  If it happens to be supported by
svgalib this would be extremely helpfullera.  Any suggestions?
I believe that SpeedStar 64 is good but does it come in VLB?

Grant Morphett on behalf of Dave McRae.

2. Linux/Apache1.0.3 Load Crisis

3. 16 million colours under X11

4. 2.2.x on Alpha? Who wants to test this?

5. Accelerated-X 3.1 and 255 + 16 million colors mode

6. Memory mapping in Linux

7. 16 million colors at 1152x864?

8. My rh5.1 installition didnt work properly, and im have troubles with modprobe.

9. How to set Xwindows into VGA 16-color mode ?

10. *Color* Netscape w/VGA 16 possible?

11. 16-colors VGA-driver available?

12. 16 color VGA X ?

13. X386: Plain VGA 16-color mode