MAG DX17T & Stealth64 Video 3200 Config

Post by Murat Fadilogl » Sun, 04 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

For all my efforts I could not get by X-windows even to start.
S_3 server is not even responding to my -probeonly command.
Couple of messages and nothing comes up when I start xinit.

My system: MAG DX17T
and Stealth64Video 3200

I am not even sure that the problem is only config file.
I tried config program but my system cannot even read it.
Then I edited it to make the format meaningfull, but no
response.

Any help, any clue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Murat

1. ?Xserver for Stealth64 Video 3200 video card?

The question is what X server should I use for
Diamond Multimedia Stealth64 Video 3200 video card???

Thank you in advance.
-----
I have problem with my Diamond Multimedia
Stealth64 Video 3200 video card with fixed 2MB VRAM.

Its manual says:
It uses 64-bit graphics accelerator chip.
It is *backwards* compatible with most programs that
ran with a S3 928 based VGA card.

So I use /usr/X11/bin/XF86_S3 as my X server.
It turns out the pointer will point half character
right of the actual position no matter what VideoMode
I use.

I tried XF86_Mono and XF86_VGA16 servers, they work fine.
But they can not take advantage of my 2M VRAM.
The XF86_SVGA server can only see 64k RAM, so it doesn't work.

So what X server should I use?

--Ed

encl:
  One of the following servers is required(from Howto document):

     XF86-3.1.1-8514.tar.gz
        Server for 8514-based boards.

     XF86-3.1.1-AGX.tar.gz
        Server for AGX-based boards.

     XF86-3.1.1-Mach32.tar.gz
        Server for Mach32-based boards.

     XF86-3.1.1-Mach8.tar.gz
        Server for Mach8-based boards.

     XF86-3.1.1-Mono.tar.gz
        Server for monochrome video modes.

     XF86-3.1.1-P9000.tar.gz
        Server for P9000-based boards.

     XF86-3.1.1-S3.tar.gz
        Server for S3-based boards.

     XF86-3.1.1-SVGA.tar.gz
        Server for Super VGA-based boards.

     XF86-3.1.1-VGA16.tar.gz
        Server for VGA/EGA-based boards.

     XF86-3.1.1-W32.tar.gz
        Server for ET4000/W32-based boards.

2. X Windows setup

3. ?? X server for Stealth64 Video 3200 video card?

4. [Fwd: Dual booting Windoze 95 and Linux with Quantum Dynamic Boot Loader Installed]

5. Diamond Stealth64 Video 3200 - setup woes

6. Networking How-To's? NAT / Masquerading

7. Linux /w Stealth64 Video 3200 ??

8. This is NT advocacy?

9. diamond stealth64 video 3200

10. Stealth64 Video 3200