Virtual Desktop! Augh!

Post by Ralph A Po » Thu, 24 Oct 1996 04:00:00

How on Earth do I get the virtual desktop to cease to exist??? I have
tried EVERYTHING!  In XF86Config, I set all my video mode's virtual to
the screen resolution and it STILL didn't work!  Any ideas?  I'm running
the first version of Slackware 96 off the CD, using the window manager
FVWM95.  I've got an TSeng ET4000 w/ 1 meg video RAM, an Intra monitor, and
8 megs main RAM (8 more megs in swapfile).  I'm using a 486DX/50 and I'm
using UMSDOS (unfortunately, I have little choice for the near future on
that last one :P).  Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
-Mike P.

Virtual Desktop! Augh!

Post by Ralph A Po » Fri, 25 Oct 1996 04:00:00

: How on Earth do I get the virtual desktop to cease to exist??? I have
: tried EVERYTHING!  In XF86Config, I set all my video mode's virtual to
: the screen resolution and it STILL didn't work!  Any ideas?  I'm running
: the first version of Slackware 96 off the CD, using the window manager
: FVWM95.  I've got an TSeng ET4000 w/ 1 meg video RAM, an Intra monitor, and
: 8 megs main RAM (8 more megs in swapfile).  I'm using a 486DX/50 and I'm
: using UMSDOS (unfortunately, I have little choice for the near future on
: that last one :P).  Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
: -Mike P.
Never mind, I figured it out.  Don't you just HATE it when you figure
something out right after you post about it? :)
-Mike P.

Virtual Desktop! Augh!

Post by Richard Marsha » Wed, 30 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Your problem might be in Fvwm95:

Fvwm95 uses its own virtual desktop, in your $HOME/.fvwm2rc95 file look
for the line DeskTopSize 3x2. Change this to 1x1.

I hope this is helpfull.

R. Marshall

1. no virtual desktop, still the desktop bigger than the screen

Hi,

I have set up X in Slackware to run in the 800x600 resolution
with no virtual desktop. However when I start X windows, the
desktop is still a little bit bigger than the monitor screen.

It seems that this is not the virtual desktop problem because
the desktop is only *slightly* bigger than the screen, and
there is only one virtual panel available.
The problem disapears when I swith to higher resolution.

What may be wrong?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. Problem with SEd - Pls Help

3. X desktop resolution and virtual desktop

4. Roguelikes for Linux?

5. no virtual desktop, still the desktop bigger than the screen

6. [How to manage Postgresql 6.1 RPM]

7. Virtual Desktop/No Virtual Setting

8. Linux and Green Motherboards?

9. Virtual Desktops Are Essential

10. Turn off Virtual desktop?

11. resizing virtual desktop

12. Changing Virtual Desktops resolution

13. XDM and Virtual Desktops