logitech mouseman wheel and F1 on the thumb button

logitech mouseman wheel and F1 on the thumb button

Post by Christia » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 19:31:16

Hi,

I'm running the logitech mousman wheel (cordless) and
I tried last time with th following config:
XF86Config:
Option "Name" "MouseMan Wheel"
Option "Protocol" "MouseManPlusPS/2"
Option "Vendor" "Logitech"
Option "Buttons" "6"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "5 6"

and load: xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 6 3 2 4 5"
at the beginning of the X session.

How do I made that on the thumb button the same is coming up
as when I press F1 at the keybord (e.g. F1 = starting Eterm in
Enlightenment or F1 = Configdialog on gkrellm)?

thx in advance for your help

1. the thumb button on Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel mouse

I've tried to get the thumb button to work on my cordless MouseMan
mouse. The mouse has two normal buttons, a wheel and a thumb button
making a total of six ButtonPress events for XFree to see.

The problem is that linux does not see _any_ events originated from
the thumb button. If I look in console at the output of:
cat /dev/psaux | od -t x1 -w4

I get some data from mouse movements and from all the other buttons
except the thumb button!

The thumb button seems to work on my friend's Logitech MouseMan+ (same
mouse but with the cord) under XFree 4.1 with these options:
        Option          "ButtonNumber"          "6"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "MouseManPlusPS/2"
        Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "5 6"

I've tried the above options with no success. I also tried to use the
ImPS/2 and ExplorerPS/2 protocols, but it didn't help. According to
other news messages the Cordless MouseMan Optical works too:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=slrnajrjat.k6o.jplauril%40nostro...

So, does anybody know, why the thumb button will not work? I suspect
the flaw is in kernel, because I cannot see any events when reading
directly from the device driver (/dev/psaux).

Is it possible to initialize the ps/2 mouse port so that it would
regocnize also the thumb button? Is there some kernel option I'm
missing?

And btw, the thumb button works in Windows. :(

--
Yrj? Kari-Koskinen

2. Hung Jobs (wchan=msgbuf)

3. Success with thumb button on Logitech Cordless MouseMan Optical

4. Komisches Haengen von dem Window-Manager

5. Using 4th button & wheel on Logitech Mouseman

6. DouBle v.4- need help

7. Mouse wheel in Logitech Cordless Mouseman Wheel

8. Mandrake 7 for alpha install problems

9. Logitech thumb button

10. Logitech MouseMan Wheel and Netscape

11. Logitech Cordless Mouseman Wheel

12. Logitech MouseMan Wheel

13. MouseMan Wheel Logitech