How can I improve display fonts?

Post by Eric » Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:47:05

Two questions:

1. The fonts look terrible on my RH 6.2 box (especially noticeable on things
like Netscape).  What is the latest greatest solution?  A true type server
like XTT or something else?

2.  Where can I find the FAQ for this newsgroup?

Thanks,
Eric

Post by Hal Burgi » Sun, 07 Jan 2001 08:37:30

>Two questions:

>1. The fonts look terrible on my RH 6.2 box (especially noticeable on
>things like Netscape).  What is the latest greatest solution?  A true
>type server like XTT or something else?

RH has xfs font server. Does the same thing (more or less) as xfstt,
though probably a little more work to set up.

http://feenix.eyep.net/ldp/fdu/

(Font Deuglification HOWTO)

--
Hal B

--

1. Improving Font Display In Linux: What I learned

Hi all;

I'm a windows user who decided to give linux a try about two weeks
ago.
First Red Hat 7.1 and then Suse 7.2.

I would say that windows users can expect the same ( and better )
experience of features and ease of use from the Linux desktop as they
do from windows. Except for the fonts.  They can be hard to read and
they make web pages look different.

I learned quite a bit about how a Linux desktop user can improve this
situation (though they will not get web pages to display like they do
in a Mac or Windows).

Anyway, I thought I would post a link to what I learned here:
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/Tech/Archive/installTrueTypeFon...

Thanks to all who encouraged to try Suse 7.2.  Its pretty much the
same as Red Hat 7.2 but it has more support for using Linux as a
desktop.

2. Help needed with conditional statement for alias in csh

3. A trick I found to improve X11 display

4. Bind Version 8

5. how to improve bad fonts?

6. Best way to tell if a host is present?

7. display driver hack to improve LCD image quality

8. Linux mit ATI Fury 128Range ?????????

9. Improving fonts (SO 5.2)

10. Improved Fonts in X Windows Programs?

11. Improving Fonts In The Linux Desktop, What I learned

12. How To improve TT font support in X

13. how to improve fonts?