How do I set the default font and font size for XTerm

How do I set the default font and font size for XTerm

Post by Henry Stoc » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 13:22:56

Where  and how can I permanently set the terminal font  and font size
used in an XTerm window?

--

Henry Stock, Systems Engineer
My Quest Technologies

Post by Peter Karlsso » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 19:17:39

> Where  and how can I permanently set the terminal font  and font size
> used in an XTerm window?

Your xterm man page must be broken. Here, use mine:
(snipped from xterm man page)
       /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/XTerm
            the xterm default application resources.

:-)

HTH,
Peter
--
My email address is munged. Drop YOUR PANTS...
"Gentoo Linux - Because I'm worth it!"

Post by Bob Tennen » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 20:35:11

 > Where  and how can I permanently set the terminal font  and font size
 > used in an XTerm window?

To the .Xdefaults file in your home directory append the following line:

XTerm*font: 9x15

replacing 9x15 by whatever font you want. To make that the default
immediately, do

xrdb ~/.Xdefaults

at a command line.

To get a listing of all available fonts do

xlsfonts | less

Bob T.

How do I set the default font and font size for XTerm

Post by Bill Marc » Mon, 01 Jul 2002 17:41:23

On 28 Jun 2002 11:35:11 GMT,

>To get a listing of all available fonts do

>xlsfonts | less

Use xfontsel to see what the fonts look like.  Xterm doesn't use

1. xterm: how to set default font size?

How does one set the default font size to be used by xterm?

I'm more interested in setting my personal settings for
xterm rather than changing the system-wide settings.

Thanks, in advance.

Bruce

--
Bruce W. Mohler     <><        858-826-2675 (voice)
SAIC/ITS/Server Support        858-826-7806 (fax)

Of course my password is the same as my pet's name.
My dog's name is pit5%dept, but I change it every 90 days.

2. Tickling diald?

3. How to change default font size of Xterm

4. FTP problems with Slackware 2.0.0

5. xterm font size default

6. via chipset hardware compatability

7. Set Xterm's default font.

8. finding which endian to use on multiple unix platforms

9. Q: how to set default font size

10. on solaris how can we set font size by default?

11. How does one set default font sizes in X?

12. Font Problem: could not open default font 'fixed'

13. Font problem - default font 'fixed'