Matrox Milliemum II for X (4Mb model)

Post by kaiwe » Mon, 21 Sep 1998 04:00:00

sorry for the subject spelling spelling but u know what i mean. just 1
question. anyone got it working for X(redhat 5.1)? coz' i'm going to buy
it & i don't wanna get a card that won't work for X

Post by Chri » Mon, 21 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>sorry for the subject spelling spelling but u know what i mean. just 1
>question. anyone got it working for X(redhat 5.1)? coz' i'm going to buy
>it & i don't wanna get a card that won't work for X

Yes, I have the PCI 4MB version and the AGP version is supported very well
by XFree86 3.3.2 (what I'm running). You'll be stunned at the performance
if you are running a cheaper card now.  Btw, go for the 8MB the prices have
dropped and it'll be worth it in expanded virtual screen size at 32bpp.

I run the 4MB Mil II with a Sony ES200 17" monitor and the setup will do
1600x1280 at 16bpp for a max (my virtual setting usually) and I'm running

Post by Stanley Saram » Sun, 27 Sep 1998 04:00:00

: sorry for the subject spelling spelling but u know what i mean. just 1
: question. anyone got it working for X(redhat 5.1)? coz' i'm going to buy
: it & i don't wanna get a card that won't work for X

Yes, the Millenium II is supported by X.