1. MR BIOS V3.1.2 SHAREWARE BIOS for Intel Zappa Motherboard available
Microid Research is pleased to announce a maintenance upgrade
to the SHAREWARE MR BIOS for Intel Zappa motherboard to version 3.1.2.
Hundreds of people have downloaded MR BIOS - ZAPPA - so far, and
the responses are overwhelminly positive. In response to your
requests, MR BIOS is offering this upgrade to fix some minor
problems you reported. If you are one of the hundreds of people
who downloaded version 3.1.0, then you *MUST* get this upgrade to
fix a bug affecting manual IRQ mode on PCI.
For those of you with an Intel Zappa motherboard, and still
suffering with the AMI BIOS, you should really consider upgrading
your BIOS to the new MR BIOS. If you see some features on this
list you recognize from your AMI, Phoenix, or Award BIOS, then
you might be inclinded to believe MR BIOS is the follower. The
contrary is true, the others stole their features from MR BIOS
within months of their introduction on MR BIOS.
Here are some of the features:
(1) Plug 'n Play card support.
1a) Auto resource steering
1b) Win95 compatible
(2) PCI and Bridge support.
2a) Auto resource steering
2b) DEC PCI-PCI bridges
(3) Energy Star power management.
3a) APM for Windows and DOS
3b) VESA DPMS video mgmt
3c) SMI and STPCLK
3d) Timewarp correction
(4) Fast-ATA support.
4a) ATA Mode 4/5 (to 20 MB/S)
4b) Built-in CMD-640, OPTi-621 drivers
(5) Enhanced IDE support.
5a) LBA and CHS translations
5b) EDPT Table support
5c) IBM/Microsoft INT13 extensions
5c) 8 discs max, each to 137 GByte
5d) Drive remapping
5e) Boot SCSI (ahead of IDE)
(6) Atapi and Removable IDE.
6a) CD-ROM recognition
6b) SyQuest and Ejectable Media
(7) Enhanced Floppy support.
7a) 4 floppy/tape-drives max
7b) Drive remapping
(8) Anti-Virus protection.
(9) Password Security.
(10) PS/2 Mouse support.
(11) Pentium and M1 586 CPU support.
(12) Instant! Boot (tm).
Is that enough for you? To learn more, come visit the MR BIOS
Zappa home page, at:
"Intel Secrets -- What Intel doesn't want you to know"
2. Microsoft schmoozes up to Pakistan, pakNEWS.com
3. Alpha Bios, Arc Bios with a Serial Console.
4. apache? ftp? httpd?
5. Flash BIOS: Replace BIOS with /vmlinuz?
6. Linux and VLB EIDE controllers ???
7. How to merge NCR PCI SCSI BIOS with non-ASUS MB BIOS
8. Solaris 9 Jumpstart Issues
9. New MR BIOS home page; BIOS upgreade to 3.18
10. MR BIOS on-line FAQ; SHAREWARE BIOS for Intel Zappa
11. Linux Bios and PCI Bios Int 1a
12. how to setup BIOS: Disk BIOS Translation etc.
13. newbie's quesion about solaris printer setting